- Real Name: Cassandra Eleanor “Cassie” Lang
- AKA: Ant-Girl, Giant-Girl, the New Ant-Man, Titan, Stature
- Family: Scott Lang (father); Peggy Rae (mother); Blake Burdick (stepfather); Ruth Lang (paternal aunt); Carl (paternal uncle by marriage); Trina (maternal aunt); Bob Lang (grandfather, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Miami, Florida
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Middle school student, adventurer
- Education: Middle school
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′4″ (1.63 m)
- Weight: 106 lbs (48.08 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human mutated by Pym Particles
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Like father, like daughter. Introduce in Marvel Premiere #47 (1979) by David Michelinie and John Byrne, Cassie Lang is the daughter of the second Ant-ma, Scott Lang. As a child, Cassie had a heart defect that caused her father to steal the Ant-man suit and rescue a doctor to save her. She would then stay with her father as he became a hero. She joined him in living with the Fantastic Four and developed a crush on Kristoff Vernard, Dr. Doom adopted son. She then joined him when he joined up with the Heroes for Hire and even accidentally activated the Super-Adaptoid. After Ant-man joined the Avengers, Cassie began living in the mansion where she became close with most of the team, particularly Iron Man who she called Uncle Tony. However, worrying about her safety and her new husband’s distrust of super-hero, her mother sued for full custody of Cassie. But Cassie was kidnapped and rescued by Jack Of Hearts who sacrificed his life to save hers.
Months after Scott’s death, Cassie found out that their were some young heroes calling themselves the Young Avengers. With Kate Bishop, she went to the Avengers Mansion and confronted the Young Avengers wanting to join them. When they refused, her anger cause her to grow to giant size, due to the Pym Particles that she secretly exposed herself to. When Kang attacked the mansion, she joined with the Young Avengers to defeat him and had a brief kiss with Iron Lad. After that she was given the name Stature by her teammates. She joined Cap’s side in the Civil War but left after Goliath was killed and joined the Initiative after, fighting Eric O’Grady after he made some remarks about her father. She was made an official Avenger after she joined with Hank Pym’s Mighty Avengers, alongside her boyfriend Young Vision. She was killed in the aftermath of Children’s Crusade by Dr. Doom, but as later revived by the same person during the Axis storyline. She has since taken the name Stinger and has teamed up with her father.
Ever since Toybiz released the Young Avengers box set, people have been asking for a Stature figure, usually as a BAF. With the first Ant-man wave having Ultron as a BAF and there not being a Ant-man based wave for the new movie, the likelihood of us getting it is low at the moment. However, we do have a Cassie Lang figure in the form of her Stinger identity in a 2-pack with her dad.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Toy-R-Us / E-tailers Exclusive Marvel Legends Ant-man and the Wasp 2-pack Stinger
- After been resurrected, Cassie moved to Miami with her mother. Scott followed her but after a kidnapping attempt, became distant, stalking her in miniature size. When she found out, she went to Power Broker who helped her become Stinger but betray them and became Ant-man partner in heroism. It should also be note that this is the exact same costume that she wears in the MC2 universe as a member of A-Next.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Since the likelihood us getting a proper Stature is now low (but not impossible), then this might be the only Cassie Lang we ever get. It is definitely needed for an Ant-man collection as well as filling out the original members of the Young Avengers.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.