- Real Name: Doreen Allene Green
- AKA: Rodent, The Anti-Life, The Slayer of All That Breathes, Lady Crimepocalypse
- Base of Operation: Shared apartment with Nancy Whitehead, Manhattan, New York City, New York; formerly Empire State University, New York City, New York; Avengers Mansion, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Great Lakes
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American, Canadian
- Occupation: Second-Year Computer Science Student, Adventurer; formerly Nanny
- Height: 5′ 3″
- Weight: 135 lbs (61 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human Mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime (Earth-616)
She is the one character in Marvel that make Dr. Doom quiver in fear at the site of her. Introduce in Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 2 #8 (1991) by Will Murray and Steve Ditko, Squirrel Girl was first introduced as character trying to become Iron Man’s sidekick and brought her to fight Dr. Doom. She defeated Doom by sicken dozens of squirrels on him, inside his armor and all. This cause him to fear her above any other heroes. She next team up with a blind Hulk and defeated Abomination.
She fell into obscurity after that until she was recruited into the Great Lake Avengers. (She also started each comic of that series by warning people not to try that at home, leading her to become more and more depressed each issue.) It was during this series that she lost her first Squirrel sidekick, Micky Joe but later made a new friend, Tippy Toe. She would later go onto defeat big hitters like MODOK, Terrax and Thanos, to which even Uatu couldn’t believe it. She later help Thing defeat Bi-Beast. When Deadpool tried to bring in the GLA during the Civil War (known then as the Great Lake Champions) he was defeated by Squirrel Girl when he underestimated her because of her appearance and powers.
She would later try and convince Penance (Speedball) not to blame himself for the explosion that caused the Civil War, even trying to change the past by travelling to the past. She later left the GLA and moved back to New York. There, she become Luke and Jessica Cage’s nanny for their daughter Danielle and proved her worth when she protected the baby from the Hydra invasion during Fear Itself. She later enrolled in Empire State University. During her second year of college, she was recruited into the Avengers (the New Avengers and later US Avengers) by Sunspot and she remained on that team until they broke up.
Squirrel Girl is not a character to be taken seriously. While she is undefeated, it’s all for comedy but she has a good following in comics. As such there has been a push to have her made into a Marvel Legends, which Hasbro answered in their rider’s line.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Ultimate Riders Squirrel Girl
- When Squirrel Girl was given her own series, she changed her costume into this, which soon became her signature costume. She would appear in this other series as well, like when she teamed up with X-23 (then Wolverine).
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- I know some people are mad that she was made, but the majority of people are delighted she was finally done. (Guys, this is supposed to be a fun hobby. Chill out). She is one of the last Steve Ditko creations to be made into a ML, with mainly Speedball left. Given that she has teamed up with a majority of heroes, you can get her for most collections as an ally. Avengers’ member collector will need this (and not for the Great Lake version).
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Pet – Tippy-Toe