- Real Name: Hobart “Hobie” Brown
- AKA: The Anarchic Spider-Man, Punk-Rock Spidey, Spider-Man
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Horizon University, San Francisco, California, Prime Marvel Universe; Loomworld, Earth-001; Bowery, Lower East Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, Earth-138
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: –
- Occupation: Adventurer, musician, vigilante
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′11″ (1.8 m)
- Weight: 150 lbs (68.04 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature:
- Origin: Human Mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
For @~?@ sake people. If you don’t :@>:ing know who this @:>@ing is, then sit the :@>: down, and I’ll tell you…………………..*cough* Sorry. I’ll talk more politely now. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3 #10 (2015) by Dan Slott and Olivier Coipel, Spider-Punk comes from a world that has Norman Osborn as the president. Osborn created a regime to root out weakness and subversion. Having developed Spider powers, Hobie Brown (an alternate universe version of the Prowler) became Spider-Punk (known as Spider-man in his home dimension) and helped recruit the Spider-army, a gang of youths, to fight Osborn V.E.N.O.M. army, using the power of punk rock to fight the government.
Spider-Punk was first seen in the epic storyline, Spider-Verse, where he was recruited by Superior Spider-man in fighting the Inheritors. His role wasn’t really big, known more for his foul mouth and constant swearing, hence the opening sentence of this post. After the event he went home but was later recruited into the Web Warriors.
A relatively new version of Spider-man, I truly believe the only reason we are getting this so soon (even before India and Ham) is because of a certain reviewer, who has said that out of the Spider-verse characters, he wanted Punk first. It’s shows Hasbro listens to every fans.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Lizard Wave Spider-punk
- Since I mention most of the background above and he has only one costume, a bit of Trivia!! Punk was actually originally design to be Spider-UK (which we got a few waves back). However, when Dan Slott saw the design, he loved it so much that he decided to make him his own character and UK was redesigned.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Okay, I’m not going to lie. This is a figure most people will skip. He was such a small character in the Spider-verse that most people didn’t know who he was. However, if, like me, you are building the now ever increasing Spider-verse collection or want to complete the Web Warriors, then this is one you do need. Otherwise only get to build the Lizard (which is worth it). But he does come with a epic guitar and pick.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment