- Real Name: Miguel O’Hara
- AKA: Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, The New Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man 2099 A.D., 2099, 616 Miguel O’Hara, A Wall-Crawler in a Spider Suit, Alchemax CEO, Another Spider-Man, Another Super, Blue Symbiote, Downtown Piece of Trash, Extra Spider-Man, Future-Man, Future-Me, Future Spider-Man, The Greatest Ninja Warrior in the History of Our Program, Harbinger of Thor, Interloper, Little Boy Blue, Michael “Miguel” O’Mara, Michael “Mike” O’Mara, Michelle O’Hara, Mig, Miggy, Mike, Mr. Miguel, Other Spider-Man, S-Man, The Spider, Spider-Clone, Spider Freak, Spider-Guy, The Spider-Man of 2099, The Spider-Man of The Year 2099, The Spider-Man of Tomorrow, Spidey, Spidey 2099, Wall-Crawler, Web-Head, Webs, Web-Slinger
- Family: Tyler Stone (father), Conchata O’Hara (mother), George O’Hara (step-father, deceased), Ty Stone (grandfather, deceased), Kron Stone (paternal half-brother), Gabriel O’Hara (maternal half-brother), Dana D’Angelo (fiancée, deceased), Gabri O’Hara (son)
- Base of Operation: Downtown, Nueva York, New York, United States of America, Earth, 2099 A.D.
- Identity: No Dual
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Engaged
- Occupation: Retired adventurer, businessman, scientist, vigilante
- Education: Advanced degree in genetics
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.11 kg)
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: Bald
- Unusual Feautres: Pronounced canine teeth (fangs), retractable talons on fingers and toes, spinnerets in forearms, red eyes following mutation.
- Origin: Human mutated with arachnid qualities in a gene-splicing incident.
- Universe: 2099 A.D. Universe (Earth-928)
Mega corporations seem to run this world today huh? Be glad you don’t live in the 2099 universe. Mega-Corporations have taken over the world and now run the countries. City have become nothing but skyscrapers with the rich living above the clouds while the poorer live on the street level. Crime and corruption runs rampant in this world. The Age of Heroes have become stories for children with no one trying to stand up to the people in power. That all changed when a certain Spider appeared on the scene. Introduced in Spider-Man 2099 #1 (1992) by Peter David and Rick Leonardi, Miguel O’Hara was a scientist working for the company Alchemax, where he was researching imprinting Animal DNA onto human. Because his research resulted in the death of a human test subject, Miguel refused to work on it anymore but this boss Tyler Stone had him become addicted to the drug Rapture. After a while, Miguel tried to get rid of his addiction by using his research but a jealous co-worker tried to kill him which resulted in his DNA becoming mixed with a spider. Attacking his colleague in a frenzy and escaping the building he soon found himself with Spider-like powers.
Not knowing who attacked the co-worker, Stone sent the bounty hunter Venture to capture him. Wanting to keep his identity a secret from Stone, Miguel put on a old Mexican Day of the Dead costume and went to fight Venture. Thus began what the media of the time would call the adventures of the vigilante Spider-man and a whole new universe of heroes, with the likes of Punisher, Ghost Rider, X-men and more getting a whole new futuristic version using new characters (for the most part). However after the Age of Ultron storyline which wrecked the timelines, Miguel soon found himself trapped in the past of the Main Universe. Knowing of what the future would be like, he soon took on a job at a new company, Alchemax, trying to stare them in the right direction. He took part in the Spider-verse story line, being one of the people who discovered that the Inheritors were in fact clones. After that, he found himself back in his own timeline but something had happened that allow Maestro, a future evil version of the Hulk, to take over the world. With the help of the 2099 Strange, he wound up back in the past. After the Secret Wars, he wanted to quit being a heroes but Peter Parker hire for Parker Industries where he works to try and prevent that future from happening. He returned to his timeline but helped out in the Spider-geddon story.
There has been several versions of 2099 released over the years usually as his original design. TB released one as an exclusive for their Spider-man Classic line (the one before Marvel Legends). When Hasbro took over the line, they reveal one in their first attempt at Spider-man classic, but that was a repaint and extremely under articulated figure. When Hasbro relaunched the ML line in the Infinity banner, after the success of their Amazing Spider-man 2 wave, they released a near perfect version in the Hobgoblin wave (the wave that essentially launch the Spider-man subline of ML that is still running to this day.) Not content with just giving us one version, they gave us the ANAD version as part of the Sandman wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Hobgoblin wave – Spider-man 2099 OR Fan Channel Exclusive Spider-man Retro – Spider-man 2099
- People often site Mile Morales as the first person of an ethic community to donned the Spider costume but that is not true at all. Miguel O’Hara (who first appeared in 1992) was actually a Irish and Mexican descent. In fact his costume, which was made of unstable molecules, was a costume he wore for the Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead. Thus the reason the center of the costume has a skull instead of a spider.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you have to get just one 2099 figure for your collection, either for your Spider-verse, or Exiles collection, then this is one I recommend as it is the one most people would be most familiar with. As for which one, either one works as they are the same figure based on 2 different artist versions.
- Does it need a remake?:
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Sandman wave – Multiverse Spider-men Spider-man 2099
- After the Secret Wars, it was revealed that Miguel had grown tired for being a hero and wanted to quit. After trying to stop a bank robbery, he encounter Peter, who he relayed his feelings. Not wanting Miguel to give up, Peter hire him to work for Parker Industries. Peter also gave him this new costume, which contained a load of new feature including the ability to fly short distances.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- First I like to say that this figure is fantastic and is a nice action figure. However, many people don’t like the design and don’t think of it as 2099. However I would recommend getting it on the fun factor alone. Plus having the 2 version of Spidey 2099 next to each other looks amazing.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment