- Real Name: Peter Porker (legally changed from Peter)
- AKA: Ham-Head, “Pantywaist” Porker, Peter the Spider, Spidey, Spider-Pig, Ham the Learned Pig, Ham, Cartoon Pig, “Benjy Parker,” Pig-Boy, Spidey II, Spider-Hog
- Family: Ant May (aunt); Bee (uncle, deceased); May Porker (legal aunt); Ben Porker (legal uncle, deceased), Mary Jane Waterbuffalo (wife prior to excision of any and all records of marriage)
- Base of Operation: 337 Elm Street East, Queens, New Yolk City, New Yolk, Earth-8311
- Identity: Known to Authorities
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, photographer, student, vigilante; former circus performer
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′2″ (1.57 m)
- Weight: 95 lbs (43.09 kg)
- Eyes: Black
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Porcine skin, he is a humanoid swine; multiple retractable arms
- Origin: Spider bitten by a radioactive Pig and transformed into a Pig-Spider Hybrid
- Universe: Larval Earth (Earth-8311)
Does whatever a spider pig does!
Can he swing from a web?
No he can’t
He’s a pig
He is the spider pig!!”
That’s great and all Homer, but Spider-ham is not a pig. Well not originally. Introduced in Marvel Tails Starring Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham #1 (1983) by Tom DeFalco and Mark Armstrong, Peter was originally a small spider living in May Porkers basement. May in this universe was a scientist who was trying to create a radioactive ………..blowdryer. (Wait. It gets even weirder). One day she accidentally irradiated herself and went into a frenzy and bit Peter. This cause Peter the Spider to transform into a humanoid pig. He retained his spider abilities and took the name Porker after May, who believed him to be her nephew. Thus was the beginning of a whole new universe where all the superheroes were now cartoon-like animals like Captain Americat or Iron Mouse.
Spider-ham’s enemies were also animal based with the like of Ducktor Doom, Dr. Octopussycat, the Buzzard etc. During the Spider-verse, he partnered up with Old Man Spider and went about recruiting other Spiders, like SP//DR. He was one of the main members of the Spider-army in the war against the Inheritors. During the Secret Wars, Ham was one of the many Spiders that were sent to the Arachnia part of Battleworld, where he was offered a place to live in Oscorp. He was later discovered by Spider-Gwen and together with other Spider’s prevented Osborn from trying to overthrow God Doom. After the Multiverse was restored the team stayed together as the Web Warriors (AKA Warriors of the Great Web).
Spider-ham has been one of the most request alternate Spider for years (just look at my Top 10 list or Youtubers “Toy Galaxy” Top 10 Marvel Legends list). While many think it’s a stupid idea, it is a fun character that is highly needed.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Venom Monster Venom Wave – Spider-ham
- It should be noted that Spider-ham has been drawn differently over the years, with his head being the thing that changes most, either being taller or rounder.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Okay yes. This figure is a slight disappointment due to his non-articulated legs. I wasn’t expecting the same level as a proper six inch figure, but I was expecting that the legs would at least have movement at the thighs. However, I am extremely delighted to have this figure at long last. This is absolutely needed for your Spider-verse collection.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.