- Real Name: Thomas Fireheart
- AKA: Kitty, Kitty Cat, Minion Puma, Tommy, Tommy-Boy, Tonto
- Family: Heart-Like-Fire (Ancestor, Deceased); Joseph Threetrees (uncle)
- Base of Operation: Fireheart has multiple bases throughout the world, including New York City, Tokyo, New Mexico, and France.
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: CEO of Fireheart Enterprises; occasional mercenary and assassin
- Education: Post graduate education, Fireheart has a Masters degree in Business Administration
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Weight: 240 lbs (108.86 kg)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: In his Puma identity, has red eyes and a scar over his right eye
- Origin: Human Mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Most of Spidey’s villains-turned-heroes usually just helps him in a fight. Puma tried to improve his public image. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #256 (1984) by Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz, Thomas Fireheart, the CEO of Fireheart Enterprise, is the result of genetic manipulation to create an ideal warrior by his Kisani Native American tribe. Serving as his tribes protector, he began selling his services for assassinate and mercenary work, using his company to help fund his work. He was hired by the Rose in order to get rid of Spider-man but the Rose changed his mind.
He later gain enlightment and learnt that he was destined to battle the Beyonder, which he sought Spidey’s help with but Spidey refused. He later teamed up with the Avengers when his mutant kinsman, Portal, accidentally summoned the U-Foes. After Spidey was accused of being a thief, Puma hunted him but learnt that the charges were false. Feeling honor-bound to help clear Spidey’s name. He purchased the Daily Bugle and used the newspaper to try and improve Spidey’s image. He would joined up with Sable’s team of Outlaws, alongside former Spidey foes including Prowler and Sandman.
With the manipulation of Black Crow, Puma and Spidey came into conflict with eventually lead to Puma’s beast side taking over. He was nurse back to normal thanks to Nocturne. He was later seen fighting Wolverine in the Bloodsport tournament. Later, he teamed up with Spidey and Black Cat to battle Stegron. Black Cat and Puma became lover but eventually broke up when Puma realised that she still loved Spidey. During the Civil War, Puma joined the Initiative. He was later forced to join MODOK’s 11. He later seen helping the underground during the Secret Empire arc.
As a very little known character, Puma hasn’t gotten many figures. The Kingpin wave figure will be his first (and probably only) Marvel Legends to date.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Kingpin Wave Puma
- Puma as he usually appears. He is a were-puma, being able to transform into a human/puma hybrid. This costume also shows off his Native American heritage.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- While, admittedly not for everyone, Puma is a great character to have in a Spider-man Rogue/Allies shelf. Not only that but he is one of the Outlaws alongside Sandman, Silver Sable and Prowler with only Rocket Racer and Will-O-Wisp being left.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Tom Defalco | Ron Frenz