- Real Name: Dr. Charles Francis Xavier
- AKA: Prisoner M-13, Onslaught, Charley, Chuck, Charlie, The Good Shepherd, Bald Phoenix, “telepathic Mahatma Gandhi of the mutant cause”, Dr. X, Proud Task-master, Task-master, X, Charley-Boy, Cue Ball, Nathaniel Essex, Sinister, Acushla, Baldy, Proffy
- Family: Jonas Graymalkin (Graymalkin) (collateral ancestor); Charles Graymalkin (ancestor, deceased); Marcia Graymalkin (ancestor, deceased); Shi’ar Royal Family (former family-in-law); Dr. Brian Xavier (father, deceased); Dr. Kurt Marko (step-father, deceased); Sharon Xavier-Marko (mother, deceased); Cassandra Nova (twin sister); Cain Marko (Juggernaut) (step-brother); David Haller (Legion) (son); Lilandra Neramani (ex-wife, marriage annulled, deceased); Cal’syee Neramani (Deathbird) (former sister-in-law); D’Ken Neramani (former brother-in-law, deceased); Xandra Neramani (daughter): Charles Xavier II (son); Fantomex (former host, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; formerly Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California; Genosha; Xavier Institute, Salem Center, North Salem, Westchester County, New York; Imperial Palace, Chandilar, Shi’ar Empire; Columbia University, Manhattan, New York City, New York
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American, Krakoans
- Martial Status: Single (Marriage annulled)
- Occupation: Adventurer, Mutant leader, mutant rights activist, geneticist; former headmaster, teacher, heir, soldier (US Army)
- Education: Phds in Genetics, Biophysics, Psychology, Anthropology and Psychiatry at Oxford University and Columbia University. Undergraduate studies were conducted at Harvard University, where he graduated with honors at the age of 16
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86.18 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond ; formerly Bald (in original body)
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He may be the greatest fighter for Mutant and Human co-existence but Professor Charles Xavier has done many questionable things. Introduced in X-Men #1 (1963) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Xavier developed his telepathic powers at a young age, which as they grew caused his hair to fall out. He later became the step-brother of Cain Marko, the future Juggernaut, after mother remarried Marko’s father. When he was in college, he met and became engage to Moira Kincross (later Mactaggart) but when he joined up in the army, they eventually broke up. He eventually ended up in the same unit as his step-brother but believed him killed after Marko tried to get the Gem of Cytorrak. While in Egypt, he fought the Shadow King for the first time, which cause them to want to create the X-men to battle mutants who misuse their powers. He later met Magneto for the first time and began a long friendship but their opposing view on how mutants and human exist cause them to separate. He later lost the use of his legs while fighting the alien, Lucifer.
He later began tutoring Jean Grey, in order to control her power. He then began recruited the founding members of the X-men, starting with Cyclops. He lead the team mostly from the mansion and came into conflict with Magneto and many other mutant. He later swapped places with Changling (the one who 90’s cartoon’s Morph was based on) in order to fake his death to battle Lucifer and his alien race. When the original X-men were capture, he went to Moira to recruit the young mutants she was training, including Cyclops younger brother, but they failed to rescue the team except Cyclops but he erased Scott’s memory of this before recruit a new older team of X-men, including Wolverine. He eventually began having dreams of an alien, which turned out to be Lilandra of the Shi’Ar, who he eventually married. He battled many villains after that and even helped set up a new team of mutants in the New Mutants.
He later went into space with the Starjammer and his wife. With the help of former enemy Emma Frost, he opened up a second school which lead to the creation of Generation X. After Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine, he used his powers to nearly erase Magneto’s mind. However, this cause part of Magneto’s mind to merge with the dark part of Xavier’s mind to create Onslaught. After the The Twelve arc, he went into space to train mutant Skrulls but returned during Maximum Security. When his sister Cassandra Nova took over his body who expose the fact that he was a mutant to the public (Most thought he was just a human Professor of mutation). This cause him to open the school to many young mutants. He left the X-men after Xorn destroyed New York. He was later seen at the ruins of Genosha, where he was attacked but Danger after she was free from the Danger Room and wanted revenge against Xavier for imprisoning her.
The truth about the younger team that tried to rescue the original X-men was revealed and he was no longer welcomed in the X-men. He helped the Illuminati to shot Hulk into space, who returned for revenge. He tried to help find the mutant baby Hope, but was refused by Cyclops. He was believed killed by Bishop. He later tried to stop Cyclops after he was driven made by the Phoenix Force but Cyclops killed him. Part of his brain was later placed in Red Skull’s mind. He later took over the body of Fantomex and created a younger body for him to inhabit. He has since return to the X-men as X.
Xaviers is one of the few heroes that prefers to were normal clothes rather then a costume. This usually that involves a suit and tie. Because of this, all of his figure have been in his suited body with some form of wheelchair (or hoverchair).
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Galactus Series Professor X OR Hasbro Marvel Legends Ultimate Riders Professor X with Hover Chair
- As Xavier is more of a home base sort of character, he doesn’t really wear costumes much. As such, he were a suit with a tie but that has changed over the years in color and style depending on the Artist. Also his style of chair has also change, some being a standard chair to being a hover chair on occasions.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are an X-men fan (and it’s extremely extended factions) then Xavier is one of the figures you have to have no matter what. It is also need for the Illuminati as well as other teams. As for which one, it’s up to you and which chair you want him in but if you don’t have one yet, then get the riders series as it will be more readily available rather then the older version.
- Does it need a remake?:
House of X
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men House of X Tri-Sentinel (Theta Sentinel) Wave – Professor X
- After he was resurrected following his death in AVX, Xavier began working to create a safe haven for mutants of all kinds. He began wearing the black body suit as well as a mobile cerebro helmet.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a fan of House of M storyline, you need this figure as he was in most of the story as well as most of the promotion. If you have no interest in a modern version of the character, then you can skip.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.