- Real Name: Ulysses S. Klaw (legally changed from Ulysses Klaue)
- AKA: –
- Family: Fritz Klaue (father, deceased); Unnamed mother; Julia Klaw (sister); Unnamed great-grandfather (deceased)
- Base of Operation: Belgium; formerly Wakanda
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Belgian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Criminal, former physicist
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Weight: 175 lbs (79.38 kg)
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: Bald
- Origin: Human Mutate and Cyborg, physically converted into sound by a weapon of his own design
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
It’s ironic that the hero whose suit absorbs sound vibrations has an arch-enemy who is made of sound. Introduced in Fantastic Four #53 (1966) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Ulysses Klaw (previously Klaue) was a mercenary who had created a gun that could blast his opponents with solid sound. He lead an attack against Wakanda in order to gain the Vibranium they had. He killed the king, T’Chaka, but was attacked and had his hand mangled by the young prince, T’Challa, forcing him to retreat. A decade later, with his sonic gun attached to his hand, he lead another attack on Wakanda, but was defeated by both T’Challa, now the king and Black Panther and the F4. However instead of accepting defeat, he jump into his gun, which, with the help of illegally acquired vibranium, was transformed him into a being of living sound. Since then he has become Black Panther’s most frequent foe.
However, he hasn’t only fought Black Panther. In fact he has fought most of the Marvel Universe. He was part of the second Masters of Evil under Crismon Cowl and has later joined the Wizard’s Frightful Four. It was during one of these tenures in the Frightful Four, that he was believed killed by Carnage, but instead had his body dispersed and had trouble reforming himself. He has battled the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-man, Daredevil and so many more.
While never that popular of a character, Klaw is one of those characters you have to have for another character to fight, in this case Black Panther, similar to Cap and Red Skull, Wolverine and Sabretooth or Spider-man and Green Goblin/Doc Ock. Hasbro released a figure when they relaunched the line but this was on one of Hasbro earlier skinnier body (which did work since Klaw is size changer). So when the Black Panther movie was announce, many people, including myself, expected Klaw to be part of his wave. So it wasn’t part of the wave but a TRU exclusive and he got a newer better figure.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Toy-R-US Exclusive Marvel Legends Black Panther 2-pack Klaw with Shuri
- When Klaw was transformed into a being of pure sound, his body took this shape. It is the form that Klaw has used for most of his career. Klaw’s mind and body is actually part of the sonic blaster on his hand and the form he takes is being emitted from that blaster.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Like I said above, Klaw is one of those character that you need for Black Panther to fight. While Killmonger and Man-Ape (both of who need a ML) make great villains for BP, no one has a greater importance than Klaw. He should also be needed for the Masters as well as many other heroes rogue galleries.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.