- Real Name: Cain Marko
- AKA: Blubby, Can-Head, Captain Universe, Juggy, Kuurth, Ultimate Juggernaut
- Family: Dr. Kurt Marko (father, deceased); Marjorie Marko (mother, deceased); Sharon Xavier-Marko (step-mother, deceased); Professor Charles Xavier (step-brother); Cassandra Nova (step-sister); Lilandra Neramani (ex-sister-in-law, deceased); David Haller (step-nephew); Charles Xavier II (step-nephew); Xandra (step-niece)
- Base of Operation: Crimson Temple, (Thailand; Harry’s Hideaway, Salem Center, North Salem, Westchester County, New York; formerly Xavier Institute (Salem Center, Westchester County, New York City, New York, United States of America, Earth), Crimson Cosmos, Crossmoor Prison (London, England, United Kingdom, Earth), unnamed planet, The Raft (New York City, New York, United States of America, Earth), Utah (United States of America, Earth)
- Identity: Known to Authorities Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, formerly professional criminal, mercenary, soldier
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 9′ 5″ (2.87 m)s
- Weight: 1900 lbs (861.82 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Red
- Origin: Human empowered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Nothing can stop the Juggernaut. Except, you know, many superheroes. Introduced in X-Men #12 (1965) by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Alex Toth, Cain Marko is the step-brother of Charles Xavier, who used to bully Charles as a kid and would receive beaten from his own father. After the death of his father and leaving the Xavier mansion, he eventually wound up in jail, where he met and befriended Tom Cassidy, who would become Marko’s life long friend. He eventually joined the army and was placed in the same unit has Xavier. During a tour in Korea (or what ever was closer), he ran from the field and happened onto an ancient temple. There, he found a mystic gem and reached out for it. However, the temple collapse with him in it. However, the gem was sent to Earth by the god Cyttorak and changed him into his Exemplar, transforming Marko into the Juggernaut. Decades later, he escaped the collapsed temple and attacked the X-mansion, only to be defeated by the original X-men.
As Juggernaut, he would not only battle the X-men but also Hulk and Spider-man as well as many others. He was eventually recruited by Eric the Red alongside his friend Black Tome Cassidy to attack the second team of X-men. He was also a fan of Dazzler, who he met on Muir Island. He later battled Excalibur and he was also tricked by Loki into battling Thor. He would go onto battle X-factor/Force as well as Spider-woman and the Avengers. He was later attack by Onslaught and left to learn of his true origin as an avatar for the mystic being Cyttorak, who was in a contest against other beings. Each being selected a human to be their Exemplar and they would battle each other for the planet. Juggernaut went to the Avengers for help and they help him defeat the group.
That event made him rethink his life and he tried to change his way. He joined the X-men and after M-Day, joined a new team of Excalibur. He eventually return to being evil but was sent to prison and forced to join Luke Cage’s Thunderbolts team. During the Fear Itself Saga, he was chosen by the Serpent to become one of his worthy, under the name Kuurth. He went to San Francisco and fought the X-men but his powers of Cyttorak was taken from him and given to Colossus. He tried to live peacefully but was eventually made the Juggernaut again. He would later battle the younger X-men and tried to get revenge for Xavier’s death against Cyclops. He would later join Joseph’s Brotherhood before trying to rejoin the X-men.
Juggernaut is a classic X-men villain (as well as Spidey, Thor and Hulk) so he has gotten a good number of figures over the years. His first ML figure was in series 6 of Toybiz’s run. They had planned an X-men colored version but it never came about. (They also released on in their X-men classic line but that was a unique design). When Hasbro took over the line they released a version in their Spider-man Heroes and Villains line as well as a color variant. After they relaunched the X-men in the Legends brand, they made Juggernaut the BAF for the first wave. He later announced this figure, with slight changes, as part of the 80th anniversary line as a 2-pack with Colossus.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary 2-pack Juggernaut with Colossus
- Juggernaut in his classic costume. Just all classic costumes, this has been drawn differently over the years, with thing like a different color (yellow instead of red), the number of bands on the arms or the amount of detail in the helmet or overall costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- As a classic X-men villain, this is an absolute most for any X-men collection. If you don’t collect X-men, then you can get him for your Spidey, Hulk, Thor and many others. Neither of Hasbro version are recommended but for price I say get the 80th set.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Captain Universes | Juggernauts
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)