- Real Name: Jocasta Pym
- AKA: J, Bride of Ultron, Jocasta Vi Quitéria, Joelle, Jo
- Family: Janet Van Dyne (source of personality engrams); Henry Pym (“paternal grandfather”); Ultron (“husband”/”father”); Alkhema (fellow creation, “sister”); Victor Mancha (fellow creation, “brother”); Vision (Jonas) (fellow creation, “brother”, deceased); Vision (fellow creation, “brother”); Viv Vision (fellow creation, “niece”); Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) (former “sister in-law”); Thomas Maximoff (“nephew”, deceased); William Maximoff (“nephew”, deceased); Thomas Shepherd (Speed) (reincarnation of “nephew”); William Kaplan (Wiccan) (reincarnation of “nephew”)
- Base of Operation: formerly Avengers Compound, Los Angeles; Infinite Avengers Mansion
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Education: Artificial Intelligence
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m) (currently); 4’0″ (Antigone)
- Weight: 750 lbs (340.19 kg) (currently); 100 lbs (Antigone)
- Eyes: Red ; Green (Antigone)
- Hair: No Hair
- Origin: Robot created by Ultron
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Hey, even a homicidal robot wants a girlfriend. Introduced in Avengers #162 (1977) by Jim Shooter and George Perez, Jocasta was created by Ultron in order to create a mate. He kidnapped Wasp and used her brain patterns to create the personality of his mate. Knowing that this is like having a Oedipus complex, he named her Jocasta. The Avengers rescued Wasp and took the unconscious Jocasta to their mansion. Ultron activated her, planning to use her against the Avengers but just like Vision, she would betray him and aid the Avengers. She would remain with the Avengers but didn’t accept membership as she felt out of place. She began traveling the country but a pre-program forced her to rebuild Ultron. He was defeated by the Thing and Machine Man but Jocasta sacrificed her life to destroy him.
She would later be revive and killed again when she was reassembled by High Evolutionary and helped the Avengers defeated him. She was later revived by Machine Man, who began a on and off relationship with her. However, her mind was downloaded into Iron Man’s armor and was place in his mansion’s computer, where she ran the day to day operations and AI in his armors. She was believed killed when his armor became sentient and was later taken over by Ultron. In reality, she had taken possession of the Ultron bio-mechanical being known as Antigone. She later had her body rebuilt and was forced to join ARMOR, where she went to the Zombi-verse with Machine Man to fight the Marvel Zombies. She would finally become an official member of the Avengers, when she joined Pym’s Mighty Avengers and later became a teacher in the Avengers Academy.
She later became a member of Stark Industry, helping create the eScape program. However, her desire to become human cause a rift between herself and Machine Man, causing them to break up. She went to Arno Stark, Tony’s brother, to help turn her more human but later realise that it was Ultron making her feel this way. She would be kidnapped and her mind was place in Friday’s adriod body. She would receive a new body by Sunset Bain. She would become a part of AI revolution and was given a new body, which she used to help rescue Tony Stark. After the revolution, she took the blame and was place in confinement.
Jocasta is a little known character compare to her husband/Father Ultron and brother/step-brother Vision but has had a good few appearances over the years. While she has been requested by a few fans, usually for an Ant-man wave, she hasn’t been on many people most wanted lists. She would however receive a figure in the Avengers Gamerverse Joe Fixit wave, marking her first ever action figure.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers Gamerverse Joe Fixit Wave – Jocasta
- This is Jocasta as she originally appeared and how she usually appears. Like all of the classic versions, many artist have drawn this differently over the years.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one character that is needed for many different collections. First and foremost is for your Avengers collections. She can also be used for your Iron Man and Ant-man collections. If you have Machine Man, you can get her to stand next to him as they have often been seen as lovers. I would also recommend getting this if you want to build the Pym/Ultron Family.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)