- Real Name: Howard Duckson
- AKA: Howard the Human, Howard the Rat, Iron Duck, Pondhopper, Shang-Op, Cheap Ducktective, Duckboy, Dark Mallard of the Night, Howard Theduck, Duck Man of Cleveland, Artifact G5-18-2E18, Deadpool the Duck, Unca Howie, Shaquille O’Neal, Howard T. Duck, Duck Man
- Family: Ronald (father); Henrietta (mother); Theresa (sister); Orville (brother); Alexis the Duck (clonal daughter); Linda the Duck (clone)
- Base of Operation: Sharon King’s building, Brooklyn, New York City, USA, Earth-616; formerly Cleveland, Ohio, USA, Earth-616; Duckhattan, New Stork City, Wackington D.C., Duckworld, Earth-791021
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Duckworldian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Private Investigator, formerly; terrorist, Adventurer, cab driver, reluctant warrior; former nursing home attendant, poster child for Ducktitis, baby sitter, video store clerk, burlesque show director, computer salesman, actor, dish washer, amateur wrestler, repossession man, presidential candidate, construction worker, poet, and folk singer.
- Education: Four-year college degree and limited training in various martial and mystic arts
- Gender: Male
- Height: 2′ 3″ (68.58 cm)
- Weight: 40 lbs (18.14 kg)
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: White Feathers
- Origin: Duckworldian
- Universe: Duckworld (Earth-791021)
Quack!! Don’t mess with this duck. He knows Quack-Fu!! Introduced in Fear #19 (1973) by Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik, Howard the Duck comes from a world where ducks have evolved to be the master race instead of Humans. He was sent to the main universe when Thog the Nether-Spawn used his magic to cause the interdimensional cosmic axis to shift. He landed in the Florida Everglades near the Nexus of All-Realities, where he had his first encounter with the Man-Thing, who would soon become his most frequent ally. Stuck on Earth, he traveled to Cleveland, where he met Beverly Switzer, who he rescued and began living with. He opened a Detective Agency later.
There is not much to say about this Duck so lets get into the figure. Howard is one of those characters not many people even know about. This is mostly due to the fact he looks like a certain other foul-mouthed duck by their, now, Mouse overlords. He was made as a pack-in in the fifth series of Toybiz Marvel Legends.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Series 7 Howard the Duck (Packed-In with Silver Surfer)
- Howard has never been one for costumes. In fact most of what he wears are usually just suits (with or without pants).
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This one might be a bit tricky to get. As I said, he came as a pack-in with Silver Surfer. However, due to Toybiz worrying about a lawsuit from Disney (ironic now that they own Marvel), the later releases were without this figure and the Silver Surfer figure is horrid as well. If you have to have it I recommend getting it lose.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes, Hasbro seriously needs to make their own version of this (or some version of Howard in a suit).
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Phoenix Hosts