- Real Name: Phillip Benjamin “Phil” Urich
- AKA: Goblin King Goblin, Darkhawk, Green Goblin, Gobby Goblin Knight
- Family: Unnamed paternal grandfather; Arnold Urich (father); Mindy Urich (mother); Ben Urich (paternal uncle); Doris Urich (aunt-by-marriage, deceased); Ken Urich (older brother);
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York; formerly Holy Trinity Church, Los Angeles, California
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Criminal, Fugitive, crime lord; Former Journalism Intern at the Daily Bugle, Adventurer
- Education: Some College
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
- Weight: 140 lbs (63.5 kg)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human mutate; Stumbling upon the abandoned hideout of then deceased Harry Osborn, Phil was bathed in an experimental form of Goblin Serum. Donning a Goblin mask and costume meant for Harry’s use, he becomes the fourth, but first heroic, Green Goblin.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
This guy is proof that even the most heroic people can turn insane with the goblin formula. Introduced in Web of Spider-Man #125 (1995) by Terry Kavanagh and Steven Butler, the nephew of Ben Urich, Phil was helping his uncle investigate Oscorp’s building when they were beset by attacker. Hiding, Phil stumbled upon the Goblin Formula, bathing in it and gain the powers. he threw on a new Goblin suit and defeated the attackers. He then tried to use the identity as the new Green Goblin to fight crime, usually beside another hero like Spider-man and Daredevil. During the Onslaught saga, he was traumatise into quitting being a hero.
After spending some time as a reporter and later was one of the Loners, he began working for his uncle at Frontline. There he developed a crush on Norah Winters, who was date Randy Robertson at the time. Looking to impress her, he looked into one of the Green Goblin’s hideout and found Daniel Kingsley’s Hobgoblin there. Phil fought against the villain, killing him. He then took the new Hobgoblin costume and became Hobgoblin himself. He first attacked Horizon Lab and stole an experiment there before being chased away by Spider-man. He took this experiment to Kingpin,who hired him as one of his enforcers. He would battle other hero like Spider-gril and Agent Venom, beofre being attack by Roderick Kingsley’s Hobgoblin. After the fight, Kingsley allowed Urich to remain Hobgoblin for a fee.
Urich would continue as Hobgoblin for a while until the payment to Kingsley became too much for him and he had to rob banks to pay him. He would be arrest but freed by Menace, who took him to Osborn to join his Goblin Army as Goblin Knight. This eventually lead to a war with Kingsley’s criminal franchise, which was stopped by the return of the true Spider-man. Urich would take over the Goblin Army as Goblin King, trying to build a criminal empire. After a defeat by Spider-man and Agent Anti-Venom, Urich stumbled upon Osborn’s hideout and was killed by the Carnage Symbiote, who had merged with Osborn to become the Red Goblin.
While he is more famous for his role as the heroic Green Goblin, Urich wasn’t on many people list for a Marvel Legends figure. None the less, he would receive a figure as his Hobgoblin identity as a BAF in in his self titled wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Hobgoblin wave- Hobgoblin (BAF)
- Daniel Kingsley had just offered his services to the Kingpin when he went to one of the hideouts and was killed by Urich. Urich discovered that Kingsley had upgraded the Hobgoblin suit, including a flight suit and flaming saber.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This one is more for collectors who prefer more modern characters. It is needed for a Goblin’s collection as well as Spider-man’s rogue gallery
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.