Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. The GOTG Vol. 3 launched last week….and I forgot that it was releasing so this Ideal wave is late. (I also had my niece’s first Holy Communion so that took priority). I watched the movie and loved it. highly recommend people going to see it. However, unlike the last Ant-man wave, it didn’t influence this wave. In fact, before I even finalized this wave, I only had one change. If you are wondering where a certain Raccoon and Tree are they are in this ideal wave and the 3000 version are in this box set, so I tried to insure I didn’t include anything from those in this wave.
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it (The prime GOTG members this wave duh!)
- 1 or 2 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new character that has never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme ie Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains.
The Theme for this wave: Cosmic
If you want to see better images for these, look near the end but as for why I picked each:
- Star-Lord – Of course I was going to include Star-Lord. He is the main character in the franchise but for this since we got his classic/ first appearance version (Yes, I know, I know), I thought it would be nice to have him in his more modern look, the one he used when they tried to sneak into the Collector’s home. This would use the T’Challa Star-Lord with a new torso and head.
- Gamora – For Gamora, I think instead of going classic we should go with the highly requested Armor Gamora that she wore during the relaunch of the comic after the movie launched. This would require a whole new sculpted and can be used for more characters later.
- Drax – For Drax instead of deciding on a new version/costume, I think they should just remake the one that came in that Entertainment Earth box set. That used the horrid old Hyperion mold with the MCU legs. It was also too short for Drax. This remake should use the Hercules build (the modern version would be best) and a new head and forearms.
- Adam Warlock – Since he is making his MCU debut, I had to include HIM, or Adam Warlock as you know him as. Since this is taking place on Counter-Earth and involves High Evolutionary, I thought it would be a nice idea for Hasbro to make his Cosmic Hero suit. This would use the Vulcan body mold with new shins and forearms.
- Supergiant – Now that the MCU seems to be done with the Black Order, I thought it would be nice if Hasbro started making comic versions of the Thanos’ worshippers. To make it fun (and to give us a character missing from the MCU) I thought it would be nice for the first character from them to be Supergiant. This would use the Angela build with a new torso and arms.
- Air-Walker- For the next character, I thought it would be nice to add another Herald to the set and outside some characters that need a whole new sculpt (Stardust), there really are only two characters that would be easy for Hasbro to make. The one I picked is the more popular version, Air-Walker. This would use the Spider-Uk build with a new upper torso that would allow you to attach his flame wings.
- Devos – I said that the movie didn’t influence this wave but something else did, and that was Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. In the second episode Devos made an appearance, and I instantly wanted him in this wave. You might think that the F4 would have been a better wave, but he is a cosmic villain. This would use the High Evolution mold with new parts.
- BAF: Black Dwarf – For the BAF I said I would include another Black Order member and make the big guy of the group, Black Dwarf. (No. The BAF from the Infinity War is not a comic book version). This would mostly use a whole new sculpt that can later be used for other reptilian characters.
And that what my Ideal wave for another comic based wave of the GOTG would look like? Do you like it? Would you buy all of them, some of it, or would you skip it? Let me know below.