Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. This week sees the launch of the Animated series “I am Groot” and you know that whenever Marvel launches anything on in cinema and on streaming, I must do an Ideal Wave for it. Yes, Yes, I know. This series is aimed at kids and will probably have nothing to do with the much larger MCU But God damn it, I want to an Ideal wave for the GOTG and don’t want to wait until next year to do it. For this wave I tried to pull from multiple sources, like movies and games, to select the character from the comics that I want to be made and because it’s such a weird wave, I went as silly as I could.
As always I have included some rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero must be in it. In this case, Groot
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Guardians of the Galaxy
You can see larger images below:
As for why I picked each one:
- Rocket Raccoon – Of course if you are going to have a Groot wave, you must have his partner in crime, Rocket. We have gotten a comic book version of Rocket before but for this I want a complete remake with articulated legs! Of course, he will come with the potted Groot as always.
- Mantis- Next up we have the one MCU Guardian that hasn’t been made into a comic version, Mantis. However, rather than the classic version (whether the green or pink skin version) I think I would prefer that she would go with her original GOTG costume to go with the rest of the comic GOTG we got. Because of this, it would require a new sculpt.
- Nikki – Next we have a character from the Square-Enix GOTG game (which you really should play), Nikki. One of the first recruits for the Original Guardians, she would use the Shriek body mold with a new head. The hair can be translucent or solid.
- Yondu – Next we have probably the one original GOTG that everyone have been asking for, Yondu. Michael Rooker’s role in the GOTG Vol. 2 is probably the best in that film and we need his comic counterpart for it. I know there is a 616 version now but we all know this is the version we need. This would use the Vulcan body mold.
- Cosmo The Space-Dog – Now we have the good boy. I have been wanting Cosmo for years and I’m not the only one. Not only is he getting a bigger role in the next GOTG but he also played a major role in the game. This of course would require a whole new sculpt, if they could get the four limbs to move from the torso, that would be enough for me. He should also come with a helmet and non-helmeted head
- Taserface – Hey, stop that snickering. When he appeared in the comic, he was a real treat. He was part of a race that evolved from Stark’s tech and would go onto fight the original GOTG for many years. This would use the Mr. Sinister build as a base but would require alot of new parts.
- Groot- And we get to the BAF, which as you can guess is Groot. We have had Groot a few times in MCU and once in Comic form but the one I think many people would like to have is the original GOTG build to match the rest of the team. Except for the head, which can just be the comic GOTG set, this would require mostly a whole new sculpts.
Well, what do you think? Would you buy this set or leave it on the pegs? Let me know below and tell me what you would want for this kind of wave.