Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. As people know, this week we have 2 Marvel properties being released. So, I thought I would do not one but 2 separate Ideal waves this week. As the title suggests, today we will look at the one that is most anticipated by all Marvel fans, Disney+’s Moon Knight. Now the chances of us getting a wave dedicated to Moon Knight is extremely low but hey, this is fun to do.
As always, I have set some rules for myself:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case, Moon Knight
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Avengers that are closely link to Moon Knight.
See below to see for better images (Note: I honestly had this planned out months before we even got a trailer.)
Now as for why I made these picks:
- Moon Knight – Of course Mr. Spectre would get his own figure in the line. Since Hasbro has done his classic all white and his modern armored version, I thought it would be nice if Hasbro went with another team builder by making his West Coast Avengers costume. This of course would use the Walgreen Moon Knight as a base with some new parts.
- Mr. Knight – Probably the most requested version of Moon Knight, Mr. Knight is a great addition to most collections. This will use either the Happy Hogan build (which personally I prefer as MK is more built) or the standard suited body.
- Bushmaster – Taking one of the villain spots we have who most people think is MK archenemy, Bushmaster. He is usually depicted as a larger character so maybe the Odinson build or if they want the Colossus build. He will come with 2 heads, one being a normal human head and another being his face peeled off.
- Living Lightning – Moon Knight is known for being part of 2 different Avengers teams, one being the West Coast team. However, most if not all of the core members of the team have been done so I thought it would be great to include one of the more obscure members in the form of Living Lightning. This will use the standard male body (which I’m assuming will be the Vulcan mold) with an added overlay as well as the lighting effects that came with Electro.
- Commander Rogers/Nick Fury Jr. – Moon Knight is an Avengers character so one of the big three must be in this line (plus it will sell the line better). For this I decided to have a remake of the Commander Rogers figure, especially since Moon Knight was part of the Secret Avengers Rogers led. The older figure was way too tall and used an old mold. This will use the Cap Wolf mold. Since I know people will complain about getting another Cap, it will also come with a Swappable head and hands that will allow the figure to become Nick Fury Jr. (See below).
- Tarantula – It was hard to decided what female character I should include. Tigra was recently done and there really aren’t many superheroes/villains that could work for this. So, I thought I would just include a character that I want to complete another team, this being the Civil War Heroes for Hire. Because she is a more agile character, Tarantula will use the Shriek mold with new forearms for her stingers.
- Midnight Man – I wasn’t going to include this. Hell, I was only going to have 6 figures in this wave. But after the untimely death of the actor who will be playing him in the series, I had to include a figure of this Moon Knight villains. This could easily be a straight repaint of the Blizzard figure with a cape.
- BAF: Werewolf by Night – For the BAF, I knew I had to include Werewolf by Night in this wave. However, I thought, wouldn’t it be cool to make the newest much bigger version? (Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten Mr. Russel. You see him tomorrow.) This would be a whole new sculpt and would give us a unique werewolf to display. It would also be a great idea since D+ are making a halloween special for the character so it would be better to get the 2 comic versions out of the way.
Well, that is what I would want a new Moon Knight wave to have. What about you? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.