Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Yesterday, I promised that we would have 2 Ideal waves this week to celebrate the release of 2 Marvel properties. Yesterday we had a look at what most Marvel fans were excited about. Today, we look at what many don’t realize is out this week, Morbius. Like alot of people, I’m not looking forward to this movie. The Venom movies, while mindless fun, were not great so I have no hope for Sony’s Venomverse. But that doesn’t mean we can’t make a fun list based on the movie character and see what we can get from it.
As always, some rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case, Morbius
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Horror characters
(Note: I had this planned out for over a year now.) See below to see for better images
Now as for why I made these picks:
- Morbius – I don’t usually do this but since Hasbro has done his 2 main forms, his classic and his Midnight Sons, I had no choice but to make the main character of this wave being his movie version…….. even though we have no idea what his actual final form will look like. (And no, I will not include the 90’s Animated “Plasma!!!” version. God that was stupid.) Since it is a movie character, he will get a whole new sculpt.
- Werewolf by Night – I told you yesterday that I didn’t forget about Jack Russel. Well, here he is. (I had this wave planned out last year way before I did the Moon Knight wave). The reason I included it in this wave and not the Moon Knight wave is because Morbius and WBN can really be considered best friends, serving on the Midnight Sons and the Legions of Monsters together. This would use the Jackal mold with new legs (which is something many of us find strange hasn’t been done already).
- Venom (Dylan Brock version) – Because Morbius is considered part of the (ill-conceived) Venomverse that Sony is trying to create, I had to include a Venom in it. But instead of using Eddy, I thought it would be great to have the latest version, that being his son Dylan. Since Dylan’s Venom is usually depicted as a bigger version of Venom, he can use the Colossus mold. How they would do the chains, I have no idea.
- Satana – Next up, I thought I would include a character that has been done before but was part of a SDCC box set, Satana (known as Judith Chambers in the box set.) But I didn’t want to just redo that version but instead give us another more iconic version and out of all the costumes she has, this is the safest I could find. This will use the same mold as her earlier version with 2 heads, with and without horns. They can use the Judith Chambers name if they must.
- Baron Blood – Yes this is more of a Captain America villain, but I wanted to include another Vampire in the wave. I also wanted to leave most of them for when I do the wave for the Blade movie. So, this costumed Vampire was the best choice for this wave. This will use the Spider-man 2099 body mold with cloth wings.
- Spiders-man – Let’s face it, Morbius is a Spider-man character and as such, the web head should be in this. However, to keep with the horror theme of the wave, how about a Spider-man that is made up of a colony of spiders that think they are Peter Parker (or Peter Parker who inhabits a colony of spiders, it wasn’t ever made clear.) This would use the Retro body with added part and a new head to give the impression that this is not human.
- Ghost Rider (Reyes) – I think I may have used Robbie before but taking up the final spot of the Regular figures we have Robbie Reyes’ Ghost Rider. I think many people have been requesting this for a while now. He can use the Star lord/Aim Soldier build.
- Frankencastle – Taking up the spot of the BAF we have Frankencastle, the Punisher reassembled as a Frankenstein monster. This actually works in this wave as Morbius was one of the people he worked with during this time and kept him under control. This would use a new sculpt.
Well, that is what I would want a new Morbius wave to have. What about you? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.