Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. As people may have guessed, the next Ideal wave I was going to do was one based around the Morbius movie that was supposed to be released in a couple of weeks. I had the wave planned out and what I was going to say about it. But of course, the dumbasses at Sony decided to move the release date back for the sixth or seventh time back to April so I had to hold it off until around then.
Unfortunately, that gave me a serious itch to make an Ideal wave and since I had just finished the X-men Bonebreaker wave so I thought I would make another wave for that. For this wave I tried to include at least one member of each sub-team as well as not including characters that I included in Version 1 or 2, Deadpool V1 , New Mutants V1, Wolverine V1 or Age of Apocalypse V1. (Not to brag, but if you look at the previous ones, I have guess alot of figures that have been released.)
In case you are somehow new to these I have included the following rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case any X-men member
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: X-men characters
There are larger images for each below but here is the mockup done on Build-A-Wave.com:
So as to why did I pick each of these:
- Cyborg Wolverine:
- It seems every X-based must have a Wolverine figure but who said it must be James “Logan” Howlett or Laura Kinney? For this wave I decided to make the Wolverine for this wave Albert, the robotic copy of Wolverine. To make it easier to sell this figure to people I thought of calling it “Cyborg Wolverine” instead of Albert. This will use the standard Wolverine Buck with added and new parts.
- X-Factor Jean Grey:
- We have gotten quite a bit of team near completion but on team that seems to be only have two figures is the original X-Factor, Cyclops and Archangel. So, I thought it would be a great idea to include the only female member of the team and the most requested version of her, Jean Grey. This will use the new Shriek mold with only a new head.
- With Siryn and Rictor we are close in getting the second team of X-Force. But what about the original team? Well, that is only missing the furry member of the group Feral. This of course will use the Tigra body mold with a new upper torso (the lower half can just be painted) and a new head. A longer tail but the one that came with Tigra will work simply fine.
- I was fighting with myself about making this the BAF, but the sheer fact is, it would be impossible to implement. A figure with its own articulation inside a transparent figure with its own articulation? Can’t see how Hasbro could ever make that work. So instead, we can just get Armor on the teenage body mold with Sue Storm’s invisible shield effect in pink. Maybe include some snap on gauntlets?
- Astonishing X-men Beast
- To complement Armor, I thought it would be a clever idea to go back and remake the short and under-articulated Beast. I know people don’t really like Cat Beast, but the original figure really does need an update. It can use the Beast build with new lower torso and legs. The bracelets can just be separate pieces.
- Taking the next spot, we have the Magneto worshipping Exodus. Many people have been asking for this guy and I think it’s about time we got him. As for which build, I think the Odinson build would work for him. He is usually depicted as larger than most. The rest can just be separate pieces.
- Now that we have his three sons, I think it’s about time that we got the patriarch of the Summers family, Christopher Summer, aka Corsair. Now only that but people have been asking for Hasbro to start making the Starjammers and while the rest can be slotted into a Cosmic/GOTG wave (being aliens and all), Corsair must be in a X-men wave. This will use the Vulcan body mold (to complement his son) with added piece.
- BAF: Genocide
- For the BAF, I was fighting between Armor, which I realized couldn’t be done properly, Mammomax or Post but then I thought wouldn’t it be cool to get a remake of a character that is also an alternate version, in this case being the Prime Version of Holocaust/Nemesis. Introduced in Uncanny X-force, this is the son of Apocalyspe from the 616 universe. This would require a whole new sculpt.
And that is my (third) version of what an X-men wave would look like. What is yours? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media.