Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. If you have been on social media and are part of any of the Marvel Legends groups, you may have heard of a small site called Build-A-Wave. I had the pleasure of testing the site and give my feedback for it. It is a lot of fun. Hell, even the guys from the Hasbro Marvel team have been having fun with it (Ryan’s Twitter). So, with the release of Spider-man: No Way Home in Ireland tomorrow I thought I would make a new Ideal Wave for Spider-man. Let’s me say this first before, this will be all comic book figures.
As always the rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case any Spider-man
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Street Level characters
You can find better images of the characers below but let’s talk about why I picked each of these.
- Superior Spider-man
- We had a Superior Spider-man was released at the start of the Spider-man Subline of ML, and while it was good for the time, it was missing a lot of stuff. It didn’t have mechanical arms, or gauntlets. So, they need to redo this using the Waldos from the upcoming Iron Spider and the Retro Spidey. Of course, with those mechanical arms he will come with no BAF piece. (The developer hasn’t implemented this option yet)
- Amazing Bag-man
- How do we not have this yet? Yes, Hasbro was reluctant to release anything F4 due to Fox but now that they are going full throttle for them, how have they not made a figure that they themselves have said they want to make? This will use the retro body with a new head. If they wanted, they could include a black head to represent the What If…? version.
- Taking the symbiote spot and female spot, we have the only other female symbiote and the next Life Foundation symbiote, Agony. Hasbro has been slowly completing Venom’s kid and we need another Female figure. If they want to make her different from Scream, just use the Shriek body, with a new head and lower arms.
- Sony seems relentless in trying to get this short-lived character his own movie. So, Hasbro needs to get ahead of them and give us this character (who was two people). This can easily be a repaint of the Disco Dazzler with new feet and head.
- One of Spidey’s latest costume bares a striking resemblance to this character, so I thought it would be great to include this character in this wave. For this they can actually use the Pizza Spidey for this.
- People have been asking for Spot for years. I mean it’s an easy repaint. They can use the Bucky Cap mold for this and give use 2 heads. They can also give us a few black spots that have a peg in them. This will allow you to detach one of the lower arms, attach one of the black spots to the arm and have the lower arm attach to the other black spot to resemble his powers.
- Mr. Negative
- Yes. I know that I use him in a previous Ideal wave, but by the time I realized that it was too late. Ahh well, still haven’t gotten him though so here he is. Still uses the Suited body with swappable Inner Demon heads.
- BAF: Grizzly
- You guy remember why I wanted Ursa Major to be a BAF. Yeah, this guy was the reason why. Now that we have Ursa, it’s time for Grizzly. Using the Ursa Major as a BAF, all they have to do it slightly remake the torso (getting rid of the back piece), new more human hands and of course a new head. Hasbro has teased that they are thinking of making him as well. Hopefully Gibbon will be soon as well.
That is my Fourth version of what I want a Spider-man wave to include. What are yours? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.
I love this wave, and It’s very cool that there are two members of the losers club (spot and grizzly), I would only change the Amazing Bag-Man for Gibbon, and have bag-man as a release in a retro card or something. But I would definitely love a Spot figure and a jackpot figure!
Lol. I honestly forgot about that team. It just pure coincidence