- Real Name: Veranke
- AKA: Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, Clint Barton, Iron Man, Jessica Drew, Silver Scorpion, Spider-Woman, Ronin, Tony Stark, Sybil Dvorak
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Earth; Satriani, Formerly unnamed Skrull world, Tyeranx Seven Province
- Identity: No Dual
- Citizenship: Skrull Empire
- Marital Status: –
- Occupation: Formerly empress of the Skrull Empire, subversive, exile
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′10″ (1.78 m), Variable
- Weight: 130 lbs (58.97 kg)
- Eyes: Green or Variable
- Hair: Green
- Unusual Feature: Pointed ears, furrowed chin, green skin
- Origin: Skrull having undergone the Infiltration Ritual to gain the powers of Jessica Drew
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She would lead the Skrulls in a religious war. Introduced in New Avengers #1 (2004) by Brian Michael Bendis and David Finch, Veranke was once a Skrull princess and member of the Dard’van, a deeply religious sect of Skrull society whose existence centered around an approaching scenario that would see the end of the Skrull Empire. When the Illuminati failed to intimidate the Skrull from staying away from Earth, Veranke approached King Dorrek VII and informed him of the impending threats to the Empire. She tried to claim the throne if he didn’t follow her advice, but he declared her insane and had her exiled. She was sent to a deserted planet but after the destruction of the Skrull home world by Galactus, she was rescued and made the empress. Wanting a new world her people and choosing Earth as that planet, she would begin the Secret Invasion, where many Skrulls would take the place of various heroes with Veranke taking the place of Jessica Drew.
After M-day and after her lover, Pagon, arrange the mass break-out of the Raft, she would join the Avengers as Spider-woman. She would remain with the team while working behind the scenes to allow other Skrulls to replace other notable heroes and villains. This all came to a head after the Civil War, when as a member of the Anti-Registration New Avengers fought the Hand, Ronin killed what they thought was Elektra, only to discovered it was a Skrull in disguise. She would betray the New Avengers and take the corpse to Tony Stark. She would join the Mighty Avengers, but this was all part of her plan to upload a virus to all the Helicarriers. She would eventually reveal who she really was and would lead an army of Super-Skrulls against a gathered force of Earth’s heroes. She was only stopped when Norman Osborn shot her in the head. However, it has recently been revealed that she survived but was imprisoned by Osborn.
In many ways we have already gotten Veranke as she was the main Spider-woman for many years until she was discovered to be a Skrull. However, most wanted a proper version of her, which they would get in a Hasbro Marvel Legends the Avengers: Beyond Earth’s Mightiest Heroes 60th Anniversary 2-pack with a random Super-Skrull.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends the Avengers: Beyond Earth’s Mightiest Heroes 60th Anniversary 2-pack – Skrull Queen with Super-Skrull
- When Marvel relaunched the Avengers as the New Avengers, Spider-woman would be one of their main members. It would be many years after that it was discovered that this wasn’t the true Jessica Drew but Veranke. For many years, she wore the classic Spider-woman suit but when it was reveal who she really was she changed into another costume.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to add another Skrull to your collection, you may want to get this as their leader. You may also want to get her as part of an Avengers collection, either as a member or a villain. Given that we still don’t know if she is coming with a classic Spider-woman head yet, you may want to wait if you want to decide to use it for that.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Spider-Ladies | Spider-Women
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)