- Real Name: Lord James Montgomery Falsworth
- AKA: –
- Family: Lord William Falsworth (father, deceased); Lady Jane Falsworth (wife, deceased); John Falsworth (brother, deceased); Brian Falsworth (son, deceased); Jacqueline Falsworth-Crichton (daughter); Kenneth Crichton (grandson, deceased); Lord Crichton (son-in-law, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Falsworth Manor, England
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: British
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Adventurer, former field marshal in the British army
- Education: College graduate
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′1″ (1.85 m)
- Weight: 240 lbs (108.86 kg).
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Captain America wasn’t the only person to don his country’s flag during World War 2. He wasn’t even the first. That honor goes to Britain’s Union Jack. Introduced Invaders #7 (1976) by Roy Thomas and Frank Robbins, James Falsworth first donned the Union Jack costume during World War 1, where he joined the Freedom’s Five. It was during this time that he first encountered the vampire Baron Blood (his own brother), that starts a lifelong feud not only with him but with all of the Union Jacks. After the war, he retire, married and had 2 children, Brain (the second Union Jack) and Jacqueline (Spitfire).
When WW2 broke out, he helped the Invaders in order to rescue his daughter. The 2 then joined the team and offered their home as the team base. Another battle with Blood lead to his leg being crush and leaving him in a wheelchair. This cause him to retire and hand over the identity to his son. Decades later, he would later get Captain America to help him track down his brother by luring him with donning the Union Jack costume again. But before he could carry out the plan he suffered a heart attack. Cap recruit Joey Chapman and James passes on the mantle of Union Jack to him. James died soon after dues to heart problems.
James version of Union Jack is not something people think of when they think of the character. They usually think of Joey Chapman. However, though to the fact that all 3 Union Jacks wear they same costume, he has technically gotten a few figures over the years. The first one was during Hasbro Dark Days as part of a Target Exclusive Red Hulk wave. He would later get an updated version of it in one of the Avengers End Game waves.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers: Endgame Wave 2 Union Jack
- Just like Captain America wears the American Flag and long before Captain Britain dons the British Flag, Union Jack donned a costume that is basically the Union Jack flag (thus the name). It would go onto to becoming the mantle’s signature costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- More the likely you will be using this as the Joey Chapman character (which honestly it is more based on). However, if you wanted to recreate the Invaders from WW2 then this can be used for that. Also, Hasbro has heavily hint that they are planning Baron Blood so this is needed for that character.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Union Jacks
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)