- Real Name: Patrick Mulligan
- AKA: Paddy Mulligan, Pat Mulligan, Larry, Son of Carnage, 1000th
- Family: Gina Mulligan (wife); Edward Mulligan (son); Jim Mulligan (father, deceased); Mrs. Mulligan (mother); Unnamed in-laws; Toxin (former symbiote)
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Secret Identity
- Martial Status: Separated
- Occupation: Vigilante; former police officer
- Education: College education
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m) (Mulligan); Variable (Toxin)
- Weight: 215 lbs (97.52 kg) (Mulligan); Variable (Toxin)
- Eyes: Green (Mulligan); White (Toxin)
- Hair: Brown (Mulligan); None (Toxin)
- Unusual Feature: As Toxin, the Symbiote grants its host an elongated jaw, fangs, claws, tentacles and a prehensile tongue which are really part of the alien costume
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He was just an ordinary cop who wanted an ordinary life until he was dragged into the super hero world kicking and screaming. Introduced in Venom Vs. Carnage #1 (2014) by Peter Milligan and Clayton Crain, Patrick Mulligan was one of the cops that arrived at a scene of Carnage given birth. When Carnage left the scene, he remained behind and was bonded with the Toxin symbiote. He was later attacked by Venom and Carnage and, with the help of Spider-man and Black Cat, fought against them in a graveyard. However, when he returned home, he found that he had brought a body part of a corpse home in his baby’s crib. Fearing for his family’s life, he left his wife and child.
He would take to the street as a vigilante. He would later aid the Avengers after the Raft breakout to recapture the escaped convicts and would be assigned by Spider-man to capture Razorfist. However the symbiote would refuse to help him, causing Pat to fail in his mission. Eventually Pat would be reunited with his family but made a deal with Toxin to control his body for 2 hours. However, Toxin found out what Pat thought of him and went mad, only to be defeated by Spider-man. Pat and Toxin would make admends and capture Razorfist. He would later be beaten and killed by Blackheart who removed Toxin from Pat. The Symbiote would move onto Eddie Brock later.
Despite being short lived, this is the most famous version of Toxin. He would receive a figure in the Toybiz Spider-man Classic line.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz The Amazing Spider-man Series 19 – Toxin
- When Patrick Mulligan was Toxin he had 2 forms which he would switch through when the mood suits him. This is the more bulkier monstrous form that he would take when he would lose control.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want a Pat Mulligan version of Toxin, then this is the only version you can get. You can also get this for your Venom’s Family collection. However, this is a very old figure so trying to find it nowadays would be hard.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes but not before the slimmer version.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.