- Real Name: Todd Arliss
- AKA: Arlys Tigershark
- Family: Diane Newell (sister); Mara (wife, deceased); Walter Newell (brother-in-law)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Criminal; former Olympic swimmer
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′1″ (1.85 m) (without fin)
- Weight: 450 lbs (204.12 kg)
- Eyes: Grey
- Hair: No Hair At All
- Unusual Feature: Grey Skin, Fin on back extending over the head, pointed teeth, and gills.
- Origin: Human transformed by Dr. Lemuel Dorcas using the DNA of a tiger shark and of the hybrid Namor, then later further mutated.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is an Olympic level turned supervillain. Introduced in Sub-Mariner #5 (1968) by Roy Thomas and John Buscema, Todd Arliss damaged his spinal cord while rescuing a drowning swimmer. Desperate to swim again, he allowed Dr. Lemuel Dorcas to experiment on him, combining his DNA with Namor’s and a tiger shark. This made Arliss violent, and savage and he would use his new to attack Lady Dorma, forcing her to make him king of Atlantis. Namor would depose him and the two would become lifelong enemies.
Tiger Shark would team up with a group of Immortals but would be stopped by Namor and Dr. Newel, who sacrificed himself to stop him. Tiger Shark would later team up with Llyra and unleashed a sea monster as well as kidnapped Namor’s father. Namor would team up with Human Torch and Stingray to defeat them, but Tiger Shark killed Namor’s father. He hid in Niagara Falls and would later clash with the Hulk. Traveling to New York, he would fight against Namor again with Namor having the aid of Spider-man. He would later team up with Attuma and Dr. Dorcas to attack Hydrobase, but was stopped by the Avengers. He tried to kidnap Namorita but was stopped by Ms. Marvel.
He would later join two versions of the Masters, first to discredit Hank Pym with Egghead and later helped Baron Zemo’s version to attack Avengers Mansion. He fled to California but was captured by the West Coast Avengers. He would clash with Wolverine during the Act of Vengeance before battling Stingray but stop to save his sister and Stingray’s lover. Tiger Shark gave up on crime and married a woman from an undersea tribe. However, his pregnant wife and tribe were slaughtered by the Faceless Ones, causing him to return to his old ways but not before helping Namor defeat them. He would later join the Deep Six and battle the Avengers. They then conquered Atlantis but were defeated by the Silver Surfer. He would later join the Justine Hammer’s Master and mutated into a more shark like being. They battled the Thunderbolts.
He was placed in the Big House, a prison of shrunken villains, but escaped on the back of She-Hulk. He would later join Hood’s gang. He would later be drafted by the Grandmaster as part of the Offenders to fight the Defenders. Norman Osborn later sent Tiger Shark to hunt down Deadpool, after the merc humiliated him. He would later join the Lethal Legion and fight Hawkeye and the Avengers. He would join Nerkodd: Breaker of Oceans (Attuma with one of the Serpent’s hammers) to attack Atlantis. He would later join The Crew before joining the Shadow Council. He was sent to Pleasant Hill and helped in the mass breakout of the prison. He would later fight his brother-in-law, Stingray but the two would be interrupted by Namor, who had decided to change his policy with the surface world. After seeing Namor beat up and leave Stingray for dead, Tiger Shark joined Namor’s Defenders of the Deep.
As one of Namor most famous villains as well as being a member of the Master during the iconic ‘Siege on Avenger Mansion’ arc, Tiger Shark has been requested by fan for a while. He was part of the Jubilee Mini-BAF wave, but that wave was cancelled. It would be place in the Ant-Man’s Ultron wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Ant-man’s Ultron wave- Marvel’s Tiger Shark
- This is Tiger Shark as he usually appeared before mutating into the form below. Like all classic versions, different artists have drawn this differently, with the colors being various shades of orange or purple.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you have a Namor figure and need a villain to battle him, this is the only one we have so far. It is also needed for a Masters collection as well as Avengers, Fantastic Four and Hulk villains’ collections.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)