- Real Name: Eric Kevin Masterson
- AKA: Thor, “Sparky, the Lightning Kid”
- Family: Marcy Steele (ex-wife); Kevin Masterson (son); Unnamed parents
- Base of Operation: Formerly Avengers Mansion, Manhattan, New York City, New York
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Architect, adventurer
- Education: Master’s degree in architecture
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m) (6’6″ transformed)
- Weight: 160 lbs (72.57 kg) (640 lbs transformed)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Origin: Human, he gained his powers by connecting him with Thor and later using Mjolnir and later the Thunderstrike Uru Mace.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Imagine being friends with some one only to find out he is a god. Introduced in Thor #391 (1988) by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, Eric Masterson was a construction worker who befriend Sigurd, who was really Thor in disguise. He would aid Thor many times, getting attacked by villains like Mongoose and having his son kidnapped. During one battle with Mongoose, Eric managed to lift Mjolnir but was blasted with energy. In order to save his life, Thor went to Odin to please him to save Eric. The two would switch places to battle the like of Dr. Doom, Juggernaut and Ulik. However after some trickery from Loki, it was believed that Thor killed Loki, breaking Odin’s sacred law. Odin banished Thor but Thor pleaded with Odin to not leave Earth defenseless and spare Eric. Heimdall arranged for Eric to gain all the powers of Thor but was in full control.
He would return to Earth, taking Thor place in the Avengers and battling his villains. Thor would eventually return and regained his powers. Odin rewarded Eric with a new Uru mace called Thunderstrike, given Eric similar powers to Thor and taking the name of the mace as his code name. After a brief tenure in the Secret Defenders and teaming up with US Agent and War Machine, Thunderstrike battle the new Bloodaxe who turned out to be his girlfriend. Wanting to save her, Eric allowed the axe to take control of him. After battling Seth, he purged the axe dying in the process. He was offered a place in Valhalla but refused. He would return as a member of the Legion of the Unliving, which was defeated. He told Thor to look after his son. He has since remained dead since, with his son Kevin taking up the mace as the new Thunderstrike.
Thunderstrike is a very 90’s character but many people have requested him for years. While he did receive a MU, He would finally receive a ML figure in the Avengers Gamerverse Joe Fixit wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers Gamerverse Joe Fixit Wave – Thunderstrike
- Eric had been Thor for a while when the real Thor returned. To reward him for his valor, Odin created a new Uru mace for him that endowed him with similar powers of Thor. It also gave him a unique look, again similar to Thor but different to him as well. He would wear this through out most of his appearances, even after his death and few resurrections.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This one is obviously needed for your Thor collections, especially if you want to make the Thor Corp (either the original team or the Secret Wars version). It is also needed for Avengers collection, especially if you have the War Machine and US Agent figure as those three were once a short lived team.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.