- Real Name: Dr. Jane Foster
- AKA: Valkyrie, Goddess of Thunder, Mighty Thor, Valkyrie: Jane Foster, Thorita, Thunderpants, All-Mother of Asgard, Lady Thor
- Family: Unnamed father (deceased); Unnamed mother (deceased); Keith Kincaid (ex-husband, deceased); Jimmy Kincaid (son, deceased); Unidentified aunt
- Base of Operation: Formally Baxter Building, Stark Industries Airfield, New Jersey
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American, Asgardian
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Adventurer; former Asgardian Goddess of Thunder, All-Mother of Asgard, doctor, nurse, teacher
- Education: MD, RN (Registered Nurse)
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′7″ (1.7 m) (Foster), 5′9″ (1.75 m) (Thor)
- Weight: 135 lbs (61.23 kg) (Foster), 115 lbs (52.16 kg) (During Cancer treatment), 450 lbs (204.12 kg) (Thor)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown (Foster), Blond (Thor)
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human granted access to Asgardian attributes
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
When Jane Foster was first created in Journey to the Mystery #84 (1962), by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby, she was no more than a love interest for Thor. The Nurse to Dr. Donald Blake, she would fall in love with Thor eventually they became lovers. However, she eventually broke up with him after Odin had turned her into a goddess (no not that one) and was driven mad with the power. She would become one of Thor supporting cast, earning her doctorate and marrying to another doctor.
After divorcing her husband, she would eventually contract cancer. Thor, who no longer was able to wield Mjolnir after the Original Sin story, took her to Asgard for help, which was now located on the Blue Area of the Moon. She refused the Asgardian medicine, having a form belief that it would come at too much of a price and much to Thor’s disappointment. One night, she heard a call and went for a walk. She eventually happened upon Mjolnir. Reaching out for it, she was transformed into Thor, The Goddess of Thunder. She held the role well but eventually gave up the role back to Thor.
Being a civilian most of her life, Jane Foster was never going to get a figure. It’s only when she became Thor (dubbed Lady Thor by fans) that she got a figure.
Thor, Goddess Of Thunder
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Thor:Ragnorok Gladiator Hulk Wave Thor
- When Jane Foster became Thor, there was a big mystery about who she was. That was because the human Jane Foster was a sickly skinny woman who could barely get out of bed with cancer. When she becomes Thor, her cancer was cured but would return when she was human.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Thor fan or a Avengers fan, then this figure is an absolute most. Given her status in the current Marvel, then it is nice to have her as well. It should be noted the only difference between the SDCC one and the retail one is glowing eyes and hammer, so get the retail one.
- Does it need a remake?:
- No,perfect as is.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Gods of Thunder | Jane Foster (Multiverse) | Phoenix Hosts | Valkyries
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)