- Real Name: Parker Robbins
- AKA: Demon Boy, Smokey McChimney
- Family: Arthur Robbins (father, deceased):Eliza Robbins (mother): Sara Robbins (wife): Breanne Robbins (daughter): John King (cousin)
- Base of Operation: The Hood’s Lair, Hell, formerly four New York City safehouses
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Kingpin of crime; former adventurer, petty criminal
- Education: High school drop-out
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 165 lbs (74.84 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Sometimes had reptilian/slanted luminescent red eyes
- Origin: Human who stole a magical cloak and boots and using magic
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
This once small time criminal did something many crime-lords couldn’t. Introduced in Hood #1 (2002) by Brian K. Vaughan and Kyle Hotz, Parker Robbins was a petty criminal that was stealing money to pay for his mother’s treatment. During one criminal activity, he happened upon a séance that summoned a demon. Parker killed the demon and took his cloak and boots. These gave him the demons powers, which originated from Dormammu. He used these to try and steal some diamonds from a crimelord, who had hired super-villains to protect the delivery van. Parker defeated them but killed a police officer, earning himself the name of the Hood and having himself be wanted by the FBI. After being summoned by the Stranger alongside a number of heroes and villains in Beyond, He would attend Gravity’s funeral.
During the Civil War, he summoned most of New York’s super-villains and offered to lead them as a new criminal organisation. Having earned their respect, they joined his crew. They would battle the Avengers and even helped the heroes battle the Skrull invasion. During The Dark Reign, Parker joined Osborn’s Cabal, becoming his secret army that Osborn would send to attack heroes secretly. He was later given Norn Stones and sent his army to attack Asgard during Siege. Imprisoned, he would learn of the Infinity Stones and set out to find them. He had gather them all but was defeated by the Avengers. Despressed to gather his crew again, he approached the victims of Pleasant Hill and offered to target their enemies families. This didn’t sit well we most of the villains and they forced him to teleport them away. He would later try and become the Kingpin of Crime trying to regain control of his gang that had been taken over by Black Cat. He was stopped by the Defenders. When Doom took over as Iron Man, he gather many criminals who wanted revenge against him and fought Doom and Stark, scarring Doom’s face back into his previous form. He would later lose his powers after a demon stole his hood during a fight with Hawkeye.
Despite his relatively short tenure in the comics, Hood has been a character that many people have wanted for years. He would be one of many prototypes shown during a fan vote but would lose out in that. He would later receive an official figure as part of the Super-Villains wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Super-Villains Xemnu wave – The Hood
- The only thing that would be considered his classic look is the Hood. Other then that he is usually seen wearing a casual look underneath the cloak. The gun effect that he comes with are supposed to represent the time he had Norn Stones, allowing him to create magical bullets.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a villains that is needed to mostly an Avengers Villains display or leading the Hood gang, which we have many members of. It can also be used for a DD, Spider-man, Defenders and most street level heroes.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. I don’t normally say this for a newly revealed figure but the screaming head and bright colors of the figure (except the cloak) don’t really suit the character.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.