- Real Name: Unknown
- AKA: –
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: H.A.M.M.E.R.’s HQ, New York; formerly Genosha; the Seattle Core
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Scientist, criminal mastermind, geneticist
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 9″ (2.06 m)
- Weight: 400 lbs (181.44 kg)
- Eyes: White
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Features; Four arms, a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, a very long tongue, and a huge head for a body
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Age of Apocalypse (Earth-295) but currently resides in the Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
This guys is not as sweet as his name suggests. Introduced in Generation Next #2 (1995) by Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo, this creature was introduced as the head of the slave camps in the Age of Apocalypse universe. He would experiment with the prisoners and torment them. Magneto eventually sent Colossus and Generation Next to rescue Illyana Rasputin, who they discovered had time traveling power. They battled Sugar Man and Colossus believed that he crushed Sugar Man. Instead, Sugar Man shrunk down and hitched a ride on Colossus’s boot. He journeyed with them but stayed hidden. He left Colossus boot and jump into the M’Kraan Crystal which transported him into the Prime universe but twenty years in the past.
He remained hidden for many year, locating himself in Genosha, where he helped created the Mutate slaves. He was nearly discovered by Excalibur but he prevented them from learning the truth about him. He next tried to capture X-man and later Havok by sending operative after them but failed in both accounts. He was finally discovered after Cable got involved in the Civil War of Genosha. He began working with another AOA survivor, Dark Beast. He returned to a past of the AOA Universe and started to create a virus to use against the Prime Universe only to be stopped by X-man. He would disappear soon after only to return to Genosha after Cassandra Nova destroyed the island.
He retained his powers after M-Day and Beast even asked for his help, but he refused. He joined Osborn’s HAMMER and capture X-man, who was believed dead at the time. He somehow ended back in the AOA universe. Back in the Prime universe, Magneto sought his help who then thought he killed him. He was later believed killed in a fight with Bishop only to be shown alive in the Foreigner’s casino.
Sugar Man is one of the niche character around. He has had an appearance in Video Game and such and there was a pre-ML figure of him that people used for their display. It was really surprising when Hasbro announced him as the BAF for the AOA wave.
Age of Apocalypse
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men: Age of Apocalypse Sugar Man Wave – Sugar Man (BAF)
- Sugar Man probably has one of the most unique designs, with his head taking up most of his body. Because of this he doesn’t wear costumes per say. Probably his most famous looks is the overalls that he wears.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one of those characters that you have to be a fan of the AOA story to really want. If you are making a AOA shelf, then this is a must. For Prime universe only Collectors, he does now exist that universe it would be nice to have him in your X-men Rogues collections, particularly if you are building an Apocalypse’s family shelf. If you want to can add him to your X-men Legends Video Game collections. Otherwise, you can skip it.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Age of Apocalypse (Earth-295) (Originates) | Prime Universe (Earth-616) (Resides)