- Real Name: Guido Carosella
- AKA: King of Hell, Captain Capitalism, ‘Can Crush You With A Glance’ Man[
- Base of Operation: Krakoa; Formerly New Tian, California; Hell; X-Factor Investigations Headquarters, New York City, New York; Detroit, Michigan; Mutant Town, Manhattan, New York City, New York; X-Factor Complex, Embassy Row, Washington D.C., Maryland; Rhinebeck, New York
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American, Krakoan
- Occupation: King of Hell; formerly private investigator, tour manager, government agent, bodyguard, arena fighter
- Gender: Male
- Height: 7′ 0″ (2.13 m)
- Weight: 750 lbs (340.19 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Bald ; with streak of White
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Wow. Really thought about that name, didn’t you Guido? Introduced in New Mutants #29 (1985) by Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz, the first time we meet Guido was when he was a bodyguard for musician Lila Cheney. He would later become a member of the government sponsored X-factor team, where, during a press conference, he picked up the name Strong Guy. He would remain of that team for a while. He was also involve in the Infinity War and Crusade arcs. He was later poison by Cyber, which led to Havok poisoning him to stay with Guido in a show of friendship.
He would later was teleport by Cheney to travel across the universe but convinced her to return to Earth. He would also develop a close friendship with Wolfsbane. The team would later be teleport to space by Cheney, in a fight that lead to Guido absorbing a powerful explosion which cause him to have a heart attack. He would later return to the X-Factor before traveling with Cheney. When the team disbanded, he was later seen in Tokyo as part of an Arena fighting.
After M-Day, he joined Madrox’s new X-Factors Investigation, where he was assigned to protect a former employee of Singularity Investigation. Unknown to him or his team, he was being controlled Tryp to murder the employee. Racked with guilt and wanting someone to blame him, he was shocked when the widow instead comforted him, understanding that he wasn’t responsible for his actions. He would later move with the rest of the team to Detroit. He would later be killed when he was shot a Mandroid falling on him when he helped Monet try and stop an assassination on J. Jonah Jameson. Layla Miller brought him back to life but without his soul.
He would become more violent as the weeks went on and eventually quite the team. He would later return as part of Mephisto’s Hell Lords. He would go onto kill Wolfsbane son and claim the throne of hell. He would later lose the throne when the Red Hulk’s Thunderbolts helped Mephisto regain his throne. He left the throne and went to search for his soul. He would somehow find his way back to Earth with his soul, where he helped with the X-men VS. Inhuman war. He would later join the New Mutants, where he would later die again when he absorbed another explosion. Like many mutants, we was revived by the Five and was seen in Krakoa.
While he has had figures in other lines, getting a Strong Guy figure was a long time coming. I believe this is mostly due to his disproportionate body, which would make it hard to use with another person. But there was a huge fan request for him for many years, especially by the people at Marvelousnews.com forums. Hasbro, who constantly deliver, have given us the chance to get him as the BAF for a Deadpool/X-force wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Deadpool Strong Guy wave Strong Guy (Build-A-Figure)
- When Val Cooper helped set up a new team of X-factor officially sponsor by the US government, they all began using similar costumes with their own unique flair to them. This is Strong Guy’s, which would become known as his signature costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This has been a long time coming but if you have to have him for anything it’s for the X-factor team that Hasbro has been building over the years (with only a proper Wolfsbane left.) If you don’t have an interest in that, then you should get it for you X-collection.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.