- Real Name: Unknown
- AKA: Jake Jordan, Ted Calloway, Harmon Taylor
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: –
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Mercenary, Assassin
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 195 lbs (88.45 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
If it wasn’t for this guy, the Armor Wars wouldn’t have happened. Introduced in Iron Man #33 (1971) by Allyn Brodsky and Don Heck, The first Spymaster was a villain that infiltrate Stark Industries a great number of times and would constantly fight Iron Man. However, he would constantly escape Iron Man. In one of his infiltration, he managed to steal the Iron Man designs and sell them to various people, villains and private companies both. This lead to the Armor Wars, which saw Iron Man attacking all these people and destroying the suits. He was believed killed by Ghost, but that turned out to be one of his operatives.
After using this time to pretend to be dead, he would later begin working with Norman Osborn and would later set up a private club for villains. He would gather a group of villains and when the Avengers, including Iron Man, went into space to battle the Builders, they infiltrated Stark Tower to steal some suits. After stealing some suits, he teleported away and left his accomplices there to to fight a team of heroes. They escaped and tracked down Spymaster who was working with Captain Atlas. Iron Man eventually returned and defeated Atlas and Spymaster.
Spymaster is one of those character you have to be a hardcore fan of Iron Man to even know about. However, like mention above, he is an extremely important character as like I said before, if it wasn’t for him, Iron Man’s second most famous storyline wouldn’t exist. As such there has only being one figure of him in the ML line that being in the Black Widow Crimson Dynamo wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Black Widow Crimson Dynamo wave – Spymaster
- How can he be a world renowned spy with color like that? That it the question. This is the costume that Spymaster wore for most of his career and was worn by his successors.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is not really some one that many people will known about let alone want. This is only for collector of Iron Man’s rogue gallery. Can be skipped for everybody else.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.