- Real Name: Peter Benjamin Parker
- AKA: Arthur Simek, Logan, Spider-Boy, Spidey, Wall-Crawler, Web Head, Webslinger, Wolverine
- Family: Ray Parker (father, deceased); Mary Parker (mother, deceased); Ben Parker (uncle, deceased); May Parker (aunt); Carnage (partial DNA contribution) Jessica Drew (clone); Scorpion (clone); Kaine (clone, deceased); Tarantula (clone, deceased); “Richard” Parker (clone, deceased); Venom (former symbiote)
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, vigilante; former student
- Education: High school (never graduated)
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′5″ (1.65 m)
- Weight: 140 lbs (63.5 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Sticky hands and feet
- Origin: Human mutate; Peter Parker gained his powers on a high school field trip to Osborn Industries, Inc. where he was bitten by a spider exposed to the OZ Compound, an experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Imbuing him with the proportionate powers of a spider, he gained superhuman strength, speed, agility and stamina and the ability to stick to and crawl on almost any surface. And a sixth sense that warns him of impending danger.
- Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
This retelling created a whole new universe. Introduced in Ultimate Spider-man #1 (2000) by Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley and Bill Jemas, this version of Peter Parker started out much younger than his 616 counterparts. On a field trip to Oscorp, he was bitten by a spider infected with the Oz Compound, the companies attempt to recreate Captain America. After that, his origins are pretty much the same, with him being a wrestler before his Uncle Ben was killed. He would later take up a job in the Bugle as a web designer. He would later tell MK his secret identity and they would become a couple. However, Osborn had learnt that the spider that he had created had given Peter his powers and attempted to use the formula on himself, tranforming him into the Green Goblin. He attacked Peter’s school which led to a fight with Spider-man and he was believed killed.
After that he would encounter this universe’s version of many of his classic villains. He would also meet Gwen Stacy, and after the death of her father by a Spider-man imposter, she would live with Peter and his aunt. He would also encounter his childhood friend Eddy Brock and showed Peter what their parents (scientists in this universe) were working on, this universe’s version of Venom. Peter would accidentally wear the suit but when he nearly went on a rampage, he took the suit back to destroy. Brock encountered him and tried to stop him but couldn’t. A piece of the Venom survived and bonded with Brock to become this world Venom. He was later force by Goblin to join his Ultimate Six by pretending to kidnap his aunt, but the Ultimate helped Peter defeat them.
After a battle with the Gladiator, Peter went to Curt Connors for help but his assistant, Ben Reilly, used his DNA to create Carnage, which would go onto consume Gwen Stacy. He would later break up with MJ in fear of her safety and would begin dating Kitty Pryde of the X-men. Peter witnessed the death of his best friend Harry after Goblin went on a rampage and beat his son to death. Having survived Magneto’s attack on the rest of the world, Peter would help people survive the flood this event caused. This actually cause JJJ to recant everything he said about Spider-man. Visiting Dr. Strange, he was caught in an attack by Dormammu but survived and found by Cap.
Six months later, Spider-man was respected by everyone. He would begin dating Gwen and would begin working with a new “hero” Mysterio, who would obtain Peter’s DNA. He also began boarding with Human Torch and Iceman. Mysterio would return and had create the Spider-Slayer to kill Spider-man, but they of course were defeated. He would later help Rick Jones in discovering his power and becoming Nova. When he and Johnny were swinging/flying across the city they encountered an attack on Nick Fury and the Baxter Building. Green Goblin would eventually return and after and intense battle Spider-man beaten the villain, but his injuries caused him to die, with the public knowing of his identity and believing him to be a true hero. He would receive a massive funeral where most of New York would attend.
Miles Morales would take up the mantle of Spider-man……………………But of course this is comics so of course Peter was later revived. He woke up in an abandoned laboratory. He encountered MJ and they discovered that Peter body was removed from his casket. He wanted to not upset Aunt May and Gwen, so he tried to find out the truth himself. In Miles’ room, he met Miles but upon learning Peter wasn’t going to tell his aunt the truth, they fought with Peter winning and taking the web shooters. Peter witnessed Mile’s fight against Goblin and had to intervined to help, showing everyone he was alive. They were arrested by an escaped Goblin would return but Miles would fight him off. It was revealed by Goblin that the OZ formula granted users a healing factor that would revive them after death. He would leave to find out the truth if his revival with MJ. After their universe was destroyed and restored, Peter was seen as a member of the Ultimate, back as the Web Head.
Ultimate Spider-man help launch what is the most successful alternate universe that Marvel has done, many of which inspired the many movie adaptations. We have gotten a few figures over the years, with the first ML scale being part of the Classic line (just a classic Spider-man that could change into Peter Parker) and as part of the Space Venom wave as a package design mate with Miles. His black suit would be released as part of a Amazon Exclusive box set.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Space Venom wave – Ultimate Spider-men Peter Parker
- While he was on the cover of original 6 issue of the it wouldn’t be until issue 4 until he wore the Spider-man costume (without the webs) and another one until the full proper costume. As for the design, it is basically a stylished version of the classic costume, which would be the signature of Mark Bagley.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want to add another character to your Ultimate Universe collection you will need this. You may want to also get it for your Spider-verse collections.
- Does it need a remake?:
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Spider-man box set – Spider-man with Silvermane, Razorback, Human Fly and Molten Man
- In the Ultimate Universe, the Venom symbiote isn’t an alien creature but a scientific experiment created by Parker’s father and Eddy Brock’s father. It was supposed to help cure illness. Peter would wear it for a while but soon discovered it heightened his emotions. This caused him to destroy the suit but another one was found that created Venom.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- This would be needed if you want to build up your Ultimate Universe, Spider-verse collection and Venom-verse collections. Otherwise you can skip.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.