- Real Name: Peter Parker
- AKA: Black Spider, Bogart, Bug-Head, Bug-Man, Insect-Guy, Pidge, Insect-Guy, Spider-Guy, Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Turtleneck, Wall Crawler, Wall Crawlin Do-Gooder
- Family: May Parker (aunt); Benjamin Parker (uncle, deceased)
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York, Earth, Earth-90214; Loomworld, Earth-001
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, detective, private investigator, vigilante
- Education: Currently saving for college to study Science
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 174.16 lbs (79 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human mutate; bitten by a supernatural spider that gave him arachnid powers
- Universe: Noir Universe (Earth-90214)
In 2009, Marvel started a new universe of stories set in a Noire like film. Starting off this universe was Spider-man, introduced in Spider-Man Noir #1 (2009) by David Hine, Fabrice Sapolsky and Carmine Di Giandomenico. Set in the 1920/30s, this universe was similar yet vastly different to the main universe. Many of the heroes are more violent vigilantes, while many of the villains were more freaks and gangsters. Peter Parker backstory was pretty much the same, being raised by his aunt and uncle. However in this universe, they were human right activists helping those suffering during the Depression. Ben had died before the story began, being killed off by a business owner for organizing a workers strike. He was killed by this universe’s Goblin. Having found his body and the police not helping, Peter sought justice. While working for Ben Urich, he received a tip-off. He went to source and found Goblin unloading stolen antiques from a container. One of these antiques, a spider statue, breaks open and releases a load of spiders, one of which bites Peter. This cause him to have a dream of a spider god and he woke with Spider powers. He began wearing a mask, based on his Uncle’s army gear and started trying to bring down the Goblin.
The Noir story line revolved around many controversial stories of the time, including the mob life, drugs, corrupt cops as well as pre-World War II Nazi sympathizers of America and racism. This tale proved quite popular and later started to include other heroes like Daredevil, Punisher and even Iron Man. He later got a second volume as well as starring not only in video games but also appearing in the Ultimate Spider-man TV series, albeit a different storyline for it.
Noir is one character that took a long time to actually get made. Hasbro had the body for it (the Starlord/AIM Soldier) and it was one of the most requested version of Spider-man to date. It’s surprising that UK and Punk got made before him.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Lizard Wave Spider-Man Noir
- Noir design is actually based on the World War I soldier outfit that his uncle Ben used in the war. It is black to suit the universe he lives in. He also uses guns in this universe, which is something that Marvel Prime Spidey never does and Noir has no problems with killing.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are collecting the Spider-verse then this is a must have and is one of the highly requested version of Spider-man. He is also a core member of the Web-Warriors making India the last member of that team left.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment