- Real Name: Gaveedra Seven
- AKA: Ben Gaveedra, Benjamin Russel, Gaveedra-7, Pretty-Boy, The Prince of Blades, “Shatty-buns”, Star, Star Face, Willie Garvin
- Family: Alison Blaire (Dazzler) (mother/”daughter-in-law”); Longshot (father; “son”/genetic receiver); Lois London (Mortis) (maternal aunt); Windsong (“wife”/breeding partner, deceased);
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean, Manor Crossing, 15th Avenue, College Point, Queens, New York, New York; New Tian, California; X-Factor Investigations Headquarters, New York City, New York; Adirondack Mountains, Camp Verde Reservation, Arizona; Murderworld; Xavier Institute, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York; Mojoverse
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: Mojoworlder, Krakoan
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former private investigator, warrior, ultimate fighter
- Education: Trained in combat and technology in Mojoverse
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 95 lbs (43.09 kg) (88.5 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Red
- Unusual Features: Eyes sometimes appear clear or silvery; Black starburst mark over left eye; Hollow bones, which make him much lighter than the average person
- Origin: Mutant warrior from one hundred years in the future. Born in the Mojoworld, he was trained to be a gladiator and fight for the entertainment of the masses. Son to his “clonal son” (Longshot) and to the Human mutant Dazzler:
Mutant/engineered mutant hybrid (Longshot stated to be a non-mutant, Son/father paradox/time loop.
- Universe: Mojoverse, (currently displaced to Earth-616)
He’s his own what?! Introduced in New Mutants #99 (1991) by Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza, Gaveedra Seven is the son of Longshot and Dazzler. However, due to a time travel paradox, he is also his own grandfather. When he travelled back in time with Rictor, the Mojoverse’s Arize experimented on his body, using his DNA to create Longshot, essentially making Longshot his son. Dazzler became pregnant but the couple had their minds wiped of the pregnancy and the baby was sent 100 years into the future by his future self. Don’t worry. He gets easier to understand from now on.
In the future, he grew up as a gladiator and TV star of the Mojoverse. But after years of killing, he grew disillusioned and joined a rebellion group against Mojo V. In order to get help from the X-men, he was sent back in time but found himself in the Prime universe. He was found by the New Mutant, then under the tutelage of Cable, and together with the team, form the X-force. He would begin a close friendship with Rictor. He later discovered that he shared memories with a mutant called Benjamin Russell and after an encounter with Mojo, he merged his body with the mutant. He would remain with the X-force for a while until leaving to help Rictor prevent arms deals. He eventually was seen fighting in an arena in Madripoor.
Later after helping the 198 mutant escape Xavier Institute during the Civil War, he joined with X-Factor Investigation where he reunited with Rictor and the two shared a kiss, the first same sex kiss in comics. They would remain with the team until it broke up where they were transported to the Mojoverse. It was around this time the couple was sent back in time and had Shatterstar’s DNA extracted. They would join the rest of the mutants in New Tian. He would later join the rest of mutantkind on Krakoa where he would join Excalibur.
With Hasbro building up the original X-Force team, fans expected them to make Shatterstar. He would receive a figure as part of the X-men Warlock wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Warlock Wave – Shatterstar
- This is Shatterstar as he originally appeared when the New Mutants found him. His arrival signaled the team transformation into the X-force. This design is what was used for many years and which most of his costumes are based on.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- This is an essential figure if you want to complete the X-force, especially the original team. You will also need it for the X-men, X-Factor, Excalibur and Mojoverse collections.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.