- Real Name: Virginia “Pepper” Potts
- AKA: Pepper Potts-Hogan, Red, Hera, Madame Masque, Kitty
- Family: Happy Hogan (ex-husband, deceased); Clay Hogan (former brother-in-law); Unnamed adopted son; Unnamed adopted daughter; Jamie Carlson (step-son); Marc Kumar (ex-fiancé)
- Base of Operation: Formerly The Mount, Nevada; Seattle, Washington
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Executive; former secretary and personal assistant, superhero (formerly)
- Education: Business administration
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 4″ (1.63 m)
- Weight: 110 lbs (49.9 kg)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Red
- Unusual Features: R.T. node implanted in her chest
- Origin: Human Cyborg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Tony Stark has said several times that if it wasn’t for Pepper, Stark Industries (or it’s other businesses) would have become bankrupted long ago. Introduced in Tales of Suspense #45 (1963) by Stan Lee, Robert Bernstein and Don Heck, Virginia Potts, nicknamed Pepper due to her freckles and red hair, was once a small bit accountant in Stark Industry who noticed an accounting error that could have cost the company millions. Instead of going to her supervisors, she went straight to Tony Stark, who was so impressed by her, he made her his personal secretary. Pepper soon became attracted to Stark and would bicker his bodyguard Happy Hogan, who admitted to having an attraction to her. After a few encounters with multiple villains, Pepper soon began dating Happy and they eventually married.
While she would quit on occasions, Pepper would stay on to work with Tony for many years. When he was presumed dead, she divorced Happy but they would try and rekindle their relationship over the years. When Happy was put into a coma that he wouldn’t wake from, Pepper asked Stark to turn off the machine keeping him alive, so that her husband would be able to die a peaceful death and not be a vegetable state like his brother. When Ezekiel Stane attacked Stark Dynamic, Pepper was left with shrapnel in her heart. Tony use a Rand Industry (Iron Fist’s company) magnet to keep the shrapnel from piercing her heart, similar to himself, which Pepper didn’t like. During the Dark Age, Pepper was forced to take over Stark Industry and sell off all it’s resources but she soon discovered a special armor design for her, called the Rescue, which used magnets instead of repulsar tech. While she was getting started, she became involved in Fear Itself and and would help Iron Man and War Machine. She would even upgrade her suit and fight against Iron Man when he became evil during the Axis storyline. After Tony was put in a coma during the second Civil War, Pepper, as Rescue, met Riri Williams, now Ironheart, and became a mentor to the young hero.
Pepper on her own has not been a character alot of people have been asking for. However, once she became Rescue, fan began asking for her constantly as they did their Ideal waves for a Iron Man wave. Hasbro had planned to release a version (with an unmasked head) as part of a Iron Man 3 Wave 3 with War Machine and Trevorin. However, the sales and bad distribution of the Iron Monger waves meant that this wave was cancelled. However, she did eventually get released as a Marvel Unlimited subscription bonus.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Unlimited Digital Comics Subscription Exclusive Marvel Legends Rescue
- Rescue’s armor was soon updated when Stark came under attack by both the US Defense department (who forced him to remove his Extremsis virus) and the Hammer ladies. She began wearing this when a New Iron Man (Rhodey) started out and she want to find out who he was.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- While this is an absolute most for Iron Man fans and Armory Builders, the fact that it was a subscription exclusive from a few years back, makes this figure extremely expensive. Ebay price alone has this as high as the price of the subscription (over 100). I honestly would wait to see if Hasbro re-release this eventually (with the unmasked head this time)
- Does it need a remake?:
- No, the figure is great but it has to be re-released as part of a wave at some point.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.