- Real Name: Ragnarok
- AKA: Codename Lightning, Thor, “Clor”, “Shakespeare-in-the-park”
- Family: Tony Stark (Iron Man, creator); Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic, creator); Criti Noll (“Henry Pym”, creator); Thor (genetic progenitor); extended family via Thor
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Public
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; Former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, weapon
- Education: Programmed with S.H.I.E.L.D. training
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′6″ (1.98 m)
- Weight: 640 lbs (290.3 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Bald, formerly Blond
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Asgardian Cyborg Clone of Thor
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Well, that idea didn’t go quite as planned now, did it Tony? Introduced in Civil War #3 (2006) by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven, this clone of Thor was created by Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym (who was really a Skrull). After the Super-human Registration Act was passed and led to the Civil War between the super-power individuals. Thor was believed dead at the time and needing a powerful force for his side, Iron man used a piece of Thor’s DNA to create this clone, which combined flesh with cybernetic parts. It made its first appearance during a battle with the two sides, which resulted in the clone killing Bill Foster’s Goliath. This enraged Hercules, who found the clone a mockery of his friend, and smashed the clone’s head in.
Of course, he would return and be rebuilt by the Skrull Pym. He joined the Initiative and would be given the name Ragnarok. At Camp Hammond, he came under the control of Baron Von Blitzschlag and went on a rampage when he found out he was a clone. He battled the Initiative and the New Warriors. The Baron told him that the real Thor was in Asgard now in Oklahoma and Ragnarok went to claim the role of Thor for himself. He was beaten by Volstagg and was killed by the real Thor during the Siege on Asgard. His body would be recovered by AIM and with the help of HAMMER, following the fall of Osborn, rebuilt him to become part of Osborn’s Dark Avengers. He was captured and forced to join the Thunderbolts when Luke Cage’s team vanished.
Ragnarok is a character that many were surprised we didn’t get earlier. It would have most been just a head swap with a classic Thor. However, Hasbro decided to make him his own figure as a deluxe with extra parts.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Thor Deluxe – Ragnarok
- This is Ragnarok as he originally appeared in his first appearance in Civil War. Many of the heroes were shocked to see him, as they believed him to be the actual Thor, who had died in the latest Ragnarok. However, after the clone killed Bill Foster, they know that this wasn’t the real Thor, as he wouldn’t kill one of his friends even in a war. It should be noted that his hammer is not mystical, but instead uses science and machinery to work.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This may be a character you want to get just to recreate that iconic scene in Civil War. Other than that he is needed for a Thor and Avengers’ rogues gallery as well as one of the Dark Avengers.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.