- Real Name: Elijah Bradley
- AKA: Eli Bradley; Lieutenant America, Patriot
- Family: Isaiah Bradley (grandfather); Faith Bradley (grandmother); Sarah Bradley (paternal grandmother, deceased); Gail (maternal grandmother, deceased); Sarah Gail Bradley (mother); unidentified father; Josiah al hajj Saddiq (uncle); Stephanie Bradley (sister); Litigious Bradley (brother); Two unnamed sisters
- Base of Operation: Midwest; Formerly The Bronx, New York City, New York
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: voter registration worker; former adventurer, high school student, public library employee
- Education: Some High School Education
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 154 lbs (69.85 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Bald
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human, originally augmented with MGH, later received blood transfusion from his grandfather, the Black Captain America, turning him into a Super-Soldier
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
In an effort to protect his uncle and grandfather, he faked he had powers. Introduced in Young Avengers #1 (2005) by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung, Elijah Bradley is the grandson of the first unofficial Black Captain America, a soldier who volunteered to help recreate the Super-Soldier formula that created Captain America. His grandfather was the only success and briefly took the Cap role, though he would be kept hidden from the public. He is also the nephew of Josiah X, who inherited his father’s powers. It was this uncle that Iron Lad was looking for when he came to Elijah’s home. Since his uncle was missing, Elijah told Iron Lad that he had been given his uncle powers through a blood transfusion and volunteered to join Iron Lad as Patriot. He would begin using Mutant Growth Hormones to fake his powers, unbeknownst to his teammates.
The team would met Captain America, Iron Man and Jessica Jones. Patriot was a bit abrasive to Cap due to how his grandfather was treated. When Kang attacked the team, Kate Bishop found Cap’s original shield and gave it to Patriot. After Iron Lad returned to his time, Cap and Iron man order the team to break up but Cap allowed Patriot to keep the Shield. Kate Bishop used her family’s wealth to give the team a new headquarters and new costumes. It was revealed to the team that Elijah had fake his powers and was using MGHs. After a battle with Hyde left him injured, Elijah quit the team in shame. However, he would help the team when Hulkling was kidnapped by the Skrulls. During the ensuing battle Patriot used his body to protect Cap. After been rushed to hospital, his grandfather used his blood to save his grandson, giving Elijah the Super-Soldier formula. He would remain with the team soon after but left after Children Crusade. He has since retired from heroics and even granted Shaun Lucas permission to use his heroic identity while be began working with the voter registry.
Out of the four original members of the Young Avengers, Patriot is actually the one with the most figures to his name. But beside a figure in the MU line, he only has received one ML in the Toybiz Box set.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Young Avengers Box set – Patriot (with Iron Lad, Asgardian and Hulkling)
- Instead of patterning himself off of Cap, Patriot instead patterned his costume off of Bucky, who he greatly respected as the first teenage hero. At first he didn’t have a shield but would inherit Cap’s original triangular shield.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a figure you will need for your Avengers, Young Avengers and Captain America collections. However, even when it was released, this set was extremely hard to find and now goes for a minimum of 150. However, given that there is a new Patriot that has become popular, it would seem unlikely that this will be remake this version.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes but maybe not this version.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.