- Real Name: Quentin Beck
- AKA: Cage McKnight, Gerdes, Dr. Ludwig Rinehart, Mysty, Nicholas Macabes, Rudolph Hines, Spider-Man
- Family: Henrietta Beck (mother, deceased); Elmore Beck (father); Vincent (uncle); Maguire Beck (cousin); Misty Beck (“daughter”/creation, deceased); Venom (former symbiote)
- Base of Operation: Ravencroft Institute; Bedford Hills, Westchester County, New York (Prime Earth); formerly Bedford Hills Psychiatric Hospital, Bedford Hills, Westchester County, New York (Prime Earth); Las Vegas, Nevada, New York (Prime Earth); New York City, New York (Prime Earth); New York City, New York (Ultimate Universe).
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Former Hollywood special effects designer and stunt man; criminal mastermind
- Education: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Weight: 175 lbs (79.38 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feauture: Briefly had One Hand
- Origin: Human special effects designer who became a techno based criminal.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Too much of a showman, not enough of a villain. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #13 (1964) by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, Quentin Becks was once a prominent special effect artist who tried his hands at acting but was refused roles due to his looks and acting ability. After being fired from his job, he decided to use his skills to become famous by capturing Spider-man, who was still considered a villain thanks to the Bugle. He tried to promote himself as a heroic magician, but only used special effects and holograms as a way to imitated powers, which Spider-man eventually saw through, thanks to his Spider-Sense, and brought down the villain. This earned Mysterio hatred towards Spider-man and he became one of Spider-man’s most frequent villains and a standard member of the Sinister Six.
While nowhere near the level of Green Goblin or Doc Ock, Mysterio has done some pretty awful things to Spider-man. In one such story, he used his illusions to make Spider-man believe he was going crazy and posed as a psychiatrist to enforce this belief. After trying to do the basically the same thing to Daredevil involving a baby, he took his own life. He eventually was somehow resurrected from hell when he help Spider-man defeat Francis Klum and Daniel Berkhart versions of Mysterio. The source of his resurrection has yet to be revealed but he returned to his old ways as a villain for Spidey and a member of the Sinister Six.
Figure form, Mysterio, being one of Spider-man most famous foe, has gotten a few figures over the years. Toybiz did one during their Spider-man Classic line (which Hasbro re-release later) but that had a terrible action feature, which was common at the time since the Classic line was a kids line. Hasbro has being asked to make a newer one. During the 2015 fan poll event Mysterio took third place in the finalist but he has been the last one to be made. Here he is now.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Lizard Wave Mysterio OR Fan Channel Exclusive Spider-man Vintage – Mysterio
- Always a showman, Mysterio design his costume to be something that would catch people’s attention. It is packed with gadgets and gizmos, which he uses to pull off his Illusions. The gas he exhumes is usually only for effect but somethings has hypnotic effects as well. The glass bowl also has breathing apparatus in it.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one of Spider-man most famous villains so this is absolutely needed for a Spider-man villains collection. He is also a main member of the Sinister Six and could be used for both Daredevil and Old Man Logan. Either one will do as it is more a preference for the color of the suit, whether you want the classic green gauntlets or the yellow gauntlets.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Venom Wearers