- Real Name: Mojo
- AKA: Spineless One, Yellow Eye, Mojo I, The Bloat
- Family: Mojo II (Clone)
- Base of Operation: Mojoworld, Mojoverse
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Mojoworlder
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Ruler, movie producer, slaver, magician
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 9″ (2.06 m)
- Weight: 512 lbs (232.24 kg)
- Eyes: Black
- Hair: Bald
- Unusual Feature:Carriage with mechanical spider-like legs, cables coming out from the back of his head and shoulders, overly obese, apparently no spine, four fingers on each hand
- Origin: Spineless One, magic user, and Cyborg
- Universe: Mojoverse
He is an allegory of the negative effect that Tv has on society. Introduce in Longshot #3 (1985) by Ann Nocenti and Arthur Adams, Mojo is the ruler of the Spineless One and the Mojoverse. After viewing TV programs from the Prime universe, Mojo used the idea to use his own TV programs to control and rules his world. He used have clones created and forced them to take part in his dangerous shows. Eventually, a clone, Longshot, would rise up against him but Mojo would defeat and brainwash Longshot. He was also was responsible for transforming Ricochet Rita into Spiral. He would later kidnapped Psylocke (still in her original body but blinded in battle) and gave her bionic eyes that would broadcast what she saw to the Mojoverse.
This brought the tyrant to first come into contact with the X-men, when the New Mutants rescued Psylocke. He would later send Longshot to join the X-men and planned to use the X-men in his shows by transforming them into babies. When this failed, he created baby clones of the mutants but these almost immediately rebelled against him. After that he would battle the X-men, New Mutants and Longshots many times before being killed off. He would be replaced by Mojo the Sequel but returned and killed his replacement. He would also tried to create more X-Babies and even created baby version of the Avengers as well as baby supervillains. Skipping a bit his latest scheme of trying to turn New York into a version of his world saw Mojo stranded in the Prime universe but he would set up a new TV station of reality shows.
Mojo has been a favourite villain of the X-men for many years, appearing in most Cartoons and games. He would receive a BAF as part of his own BAF series from Toybiz.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Mojo Series Mojo (Build-A-Figure)
- As a member of the Spineless Ones, as the name suggest, Mojo has no spine and can’t stand or sit up right. As such, he uses a mechanical platform which allows him to move. Like all classic versions, it has been drawn differently by different artists.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a character that you will need for most X-men teams as well as Spider-man, Wolverine, Avengers and of course if you want to have Longshot’s arch-enemy. However, given the age and it being a BAF, it might be hard to gather at the moment. I would wait for Hasbro to remake him.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment