- Real Name: Christoph Nord
- AKA: Agent Zero, David North, Christopher Nord, Chris Nord
- Family: Unidentified parents (deceased), Andreas Nord (brother, deceased), Ginetta Lucia Barsalini (wife, deceased), unnamed child (deceased)
- Base of Operation: Queens, New York City, New York; formerly Neverland, Canada; Seattle, Washington, United States of America; Berlin, Germany.
- Identity: Known to Authorities Identity
- Citizenship: German
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Mercenary; former government operative, freedom fighter
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 230 lbs (104.33 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black (formerly brown)
- Origin: Depowered mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He may have lost his powers but that doesn’t make him less of a Bad Ass. Introduced in X-Men Vol 2 #5 (1992) by John Byrne and Jim Lee, Christopher Nord was a former freedon fighter in East Germany during the Cold War. After being forced to killed the women he love and their child because she was a double agent, He turned to mercenary work. He eventually joined the Weapon X Program, which gave him a healing factor that slowed down his age. He joined the future Wolverine and Sabretooth as a member of Team X, taking the name Maverick.
Decades later, he reunited with Wolverine and helped the X-men to prevent Omega Red from getting the Carbonadium Synthesizer. He would later begin working for the US Government, including tracking down the Xavier Files and hunting down Sabretooth to make him pay for his crimes. He eventually contracted the Legacy Virus and formed a close friendship with Bolt, who would later take the name Maverick. He eventually succumbed to the virus but was revive soon after, with the disease going into remission. After a encounter with Hammer and Sickle, he has captured and injured by Sabretooth who took him to the Weapon X Program. They modified him into Agent Zero.
He began working for the program and would eventually battle Bolt, who had taken his friend’s codename as Maverick. He would later returned to an abandoned Neverland complex and would join Wolverine and Fantomex to take down the original program creator, John Sublime. He would be one of many people to lose their power after M-Day but worked with Jubilee to help other mutant who lost their power before the center was attacked by Omega Red. He eventually sold Weapon X files to the Black Market but regretted after the file were used to create Strikeforce X. Most recently, he was sent to capture Dr. Doom after he was framed.
Maverick has had a small fan base since his introduction but has had a few figures over the year. There is only one Marvel Legends though that being the figure in the Strong Guy wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Deadpool Strong Guy wave – Maverick
- This is Maverick as he originally appear in both the Team X version and during the Jim Lee X-men period.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This has been a requested figure for many Wolverine fan as well as X-men fans. Given that Hasbro is going to run out of Wolverine designs, the Team X version will eventually come and you will need this to go with it.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)