- Real Name: Claudette and Nicole St. Croix
- AKA: Penance, M-Plate, M, Monet St. Croix
- Family: Louis St. Croix (grandfather); Lenore St. Croix (step-grandmother, deceased); Cartier St. Croix (father); Jamila St. Croix (mother, deceased); Marius (Emplate) (older brother); Monet (M) (older sister)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean, Formerly Monaco; Algeria
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: Algerians, Monacans, Krakoan
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: –
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: 4′2″ (1.27 m)
- Weight: 60 lbs (27.22 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: The twins have spent a considerable amount of time merged together to impersonate their eldest sister.
- Origin: Mutant twins
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Yeah, maybe it wasn’t a good idea to take Monet’s place. Introduced Uncanny X-Men #316 (1994) by Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo, Nicole and Claudette, the latter who has a suffer form of Autism, are the daughters of a rich Ambadassor and Royal woman and younger sisters to Emplate and Monet. They were favored by their mother but couldn’t live up to their sister’s success and never wanted to be misunderstood like their brother. When their powers emerged, Gateway tutored them. After their mother’s death and the return of their brothers, they entered Monet’s room to find a red skinned creature and Emplate. Believing that the pair had killed their sister, they sent them to another dimension. With Monet vanishing and not wanting to make their father have a breakdown, they merged their bodies and took the form of Monet.
Their father eventually enrolled “Monet” into Xavier’s school, but they were captured by the Phalanx. Working together with other young mutants, they escaped the Phalanx and would eventually form the original Generation X team. They would later encounter the creature that they believed killed their sister and discover that she was their sister. Using their powers they swapped placed with Monet and became Penance instead. They would eventually separate and returned to live with their father. They later reappeared in Krakoa, both taking the form of Penance.
Not many people who aren’t into the Generation X team even know that the sisters were the Monet they were reading from the start of the series. Thus, nobody was asking for a figure of them and instead one of their sister Monet. Because they wore the first Gen-X costume, the figure that comes in the X-men Ch’Od wave can also be used as this.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men’s Ch’Od wave – Monet
- Before Monet was freed from the Penace form, the sisters fused together and took her place. They would join the Generation X and wore this costume. Monet would replace the twins after being replaced as Penance by them.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- You can get this figure for the twins if you want but most will use it as Monet as part of the Generation X team.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)