- Real Name: Dr. Curtis “Curt” Connors
- AKA: Doc Conners; Lizardman
- Family: Martha Connors (wife); Billy Connors (son); Unnamed sister-in-law
- Base of Operation: Empire State University, New York, New York; formerly West Palm Beach, Florida
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Married
- Occupation: College professor, herpetologist, leader researcher in bio-genetics; formerly army surgeon
- Education: Medical school graduate, later earned twin doctorates in herpetology and biochemistry (mutagenics)
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m) ; (as Connors), 6’8″ (as Lizard)
- Weight: 175 lbs (79.38 kg) (as Connors) 550 lbs (as Lizard)
- Eyes: Blue (as Connors) Red (as Lizard)
- Hair: Brown (as Connors) None (as Lizard)
- Unusual Feature: Anthropomorphic reptile with scales, a 6’6″ prehensile tail, claws, and fangs; formerly right arm missing in human form.
- Origin: Human mutated by the Connors Formula derived from reptilian cells to regenerate his left arm, but gained the transformation of the Lizard.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Have to wonder if Connors should have studied starfish instead? Introduced in Amazing Spider-man #6 (1963) by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, Dr. Curtis Connors was a US Army medic who lost his arm during a war (depends on what is the closest war to the current story). He then began researching a way to regain his arm, focusing on reptiles due to their ability to regrow lost limbs. He created a serum using lizard DNA, which he injected into himself. This cause his arm to regrow but as time went on he started to transformed into a lizard like being, scaly tail and all . This also woke up his dormant lizard part of his brain (which we are all supposed to have), creating a new personality which just referred to itself as the Lizard. This personality hated humanity and wanted to conquer them and let reptilse become the dominant race.
Spidey originally met the Lizard when he traveled down to Florida after hearing about monster sightings. He fought Lizard and later created a cure for Connors. He has since then transformed into the Lizard many times but usually ends up being cured in someway. Connors also gained control of his Lizard form a number of times like in the original Secret Wars. He was also one of Spidey most frequent allies due to his scientific background. He has recently became trapped in the Lizard’s body and is currently living happily with his cloned family as a lizard family.
Figure wise, despite the unique design, Lizard has had alot of figures over the years. Toybiz released a version in him (twice!!) in their Classic line as well as a Ultimate Version. They also released one in a Marvel Legends Box set, which was considered the best version to date. Hasbro released a version in their own Classic line and released a new version as a BAF in the Spider-man Lizard wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Lizard Wave Lizard (BAF)
- Lizard is one of those character that gets a new design every time he makes an appearance but he generally stick to this Classic design with each artist giving their own version of it.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one of Spider-man’s classic villains so he is needed in any Spidey collection. You could get the ML Fearsome Foes box set, but that figure is now hard to come by. The Classic version is easier but very limited in articulation. Plus both of them are too short for Lizard IMO. I do recommend getting the upcoming BAF, which only downside is the tongue (not going to lie that is freaky) and the fact you have to buy the whole wave for it.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Other ? –