- Real Name: Sif
- AKA: The Dark-Haired Daughter of Asgard, Ericka Velez, Fairest of the Fair, Fair One, Fair Sif, Gentle Sif, Gentlest of the Gentle, Rose Chambers, Sif the Unstoppable, The Stunning Sif, Sybil, Tif, Tiffany
- Family: Heimdall (brother); Nine Goddesses (alleged mothers)(personifying the sea)
- Base of Operation: Asgard; formerly New York City
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Asgardian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Warrior, Asgardian Goddess of War and the Hunt, Shield-Maiden of Asgard, former Asgardian Goddess of the Harvest, former leader of the Valkeries
- Education: Trained Asgardian Warrior
- Gender: Female
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Weight: 425 lbs (192.78 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black formerly golden
- Origin: Vanir Warrior Goddess
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She was introduced to replace Jane Foster as the love interest of Thor. Introduced in Journey into Mystery #102 (1964) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the young (and originally blond) Sif, younger sister of Heimdall, fell in love with Thor when they were both children and when he saved her from Hela. However, Loki cut her hair and later replaced her hair with the black color she is known as today. She fell out with Thor and began training to be a warrior. After Thor began protecting Earth, he fell in love with Foster which Odin didn’t like so he introduced Thor to Sif. While it took a bit of time until he broke up with Foster, Sif became close with Thor and they fell in love. But because he was focusing on protecting Earth, they eventually broke up. She would later save Foster’s life when she was dying by merging with her but they eventually separated.
She later helped Thor aid his friend Beta Ray Bill in his fight against Surtur. She became attracted to Bill and choose to remain with him for a while. She would accept Thor’s role as Earth Protector when she witnessed him rescuing the soul of a mortal by entering Hela’s realm. She would gain the affections of Leir, the Celtic god of Lightning, but trick him into rescuing Thor and then fought and defeated him. Just before Ragnarok, she was made regent of Asgard by Odin.
When the Asgardian’s were reborn after Ragnarok, Loki had place her soul into a dying woman and took over her body. When her body’s host was about to die, Thor came in times and restore her to her true form. They rebuilt their relationship. She would later help in the fights in the Siege and Fear Itself, but was later trick into thinking the Ulik was in fact Thor (under the name Tanarus) when she, and most of Asgard, fell under the spell Karnilla. She was one of the women that Odinson thought was the new female Thor, which she beat him for and was one of the many women that Freya sent to fight the Destroyer under Cul’s control.
Sif has been a long time fan favorite for Thor fans and was requested by ML collectors for a while. She eventually got a figure (using the Angela mold) as part of the A-force box set but this was a TRU exclusive, who have unfortunately closed their door so she might be harder to find.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Toys-R-Us Marvel Legends A-Force set Sif with She-Hulk, Singularity, Elsa Bloodstone, Monica Rambaeu and Lady Loki
- Lady Sif has worn many costumes over the year but they are generally base on the classic red costume. As always, this has been done differently over the year (as you can see in the image I choose). She would generally return to a version of this costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Thor fan, this figure is an absolute must. Not only is she one of Thor love interests, she is a long time ally to many of his friend and family. Not only that but she is a fantastic warrior in her own sense, which may have led her to gain her own series at one point. Avengers fan may want her as well as she has teamed up with them many times.
- Does it need a remake?:
- No. However, I would say it need a re-release due to TRU going bust.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.