- Real Name: Nathaniel Richards
- AKA: Victor Timely, Pharaoh Rama-Tut, Blue Man, King of Kings, Master of Men, Lord of the Seven Suns, Victor Timely Jr, Victor Timely III, Kang, Conqueror of the Universe, Scarlet Centurion
- Family: Matriarch of the Eyriennes (ancestor); Nathaniel Richards, Cassandra Richards (ancestors); Nathaniel and Cassandra’s son (ancestor); Victor von Doom (alleged ancestor); Huntara, Reed Richards, Franklin Richards, Valeria Richards (distant relatives); Iron Lad, Kid Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion, Immortus, Mister Gryphon (temporal counterparts); Ravonna Renslayer (consort); Ramades (son); Marcus Kang (I-XXII), Marcus Kang XXIII (sons, Scarlet Centurion, deceased); Uriel (adopted son, deceased); Eimin (adopted daughter, deceased)
- Base of Operation: The 40th Century of Earth-6311, Chronopolis, Limbo, Damocles Base
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Conqueror
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 230 lbs (104.33 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human time-traveler out to control all of history
- Universe: 31st Century (Earth-6311)
He is the first Marvel villain to actually conquer the world. Introduced in Avengers #8 (1964) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Kang comes from the 31 Century where world peace has been brought about by Nathaniel Richards, Reed Richards’ father. Finding a time machine and bored of this future, Kang went back in time and used his future tech to become Rama-Tut in ancient Egypt. He was defeated by the F4 and tried to escape to his timeline but overshot the time and arrived in the barbaric 40th century. He then went about conquer the entire universe and then set about conquer the past. This is went he first battled the Avengers, who he would go onto becoming the Avengers greatest and most frequent foe, equal or greater then Ultron.
He would battle the Avengers and other heroes many times, including going back further time like the Wild West period, but would always face defeat by heroes. He would find love in Ravonna but she was eventually killed. He would also set up a Council Of Kangs, made up of alternate Kangs. He would also learn that he was destined to become Immortus but also learnt that Immortus was a servant of the Time Keeper. Teaming up with a team of Avengers pluck out of various periods of the teams roster in the Destiny War, he would begin a war against Immortus. Immortus was killed but the Time Keepers used their powers to to force Kang to become Immortus but before they could, they were killed causing Kang and Immortus becoming 2 separate beings.
It was shortly after this that Kang achieved his greatest conquest by attacking the 21st century and actually winning, even had the leader of the Avengers, Wasp, sign a document of surrender. The Avengers eventually fought back and Kang was beaten by Captain America. He was later believed killed by his younger self, Iron Lad but of course would come back to plague the Avengers.
That was an extremely brief run through Kang. For Marvel Legends, he would receive from Toybiz in their Fantastic Four classic line but that entire line was at the end of the tenure for TB so many of those figures were extremely under ordered and hard to find. This figure would see a re-paint and re-release but this was part of another under order Ares wave by Hasbro exclusive to Wal-Mart, so it was even rarer. The line would be put on hold soon after and it would be many years after the relaunch until he would receive a brand new figure in the Gamerverse Joe Fixit wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers Gameverese Joe Fixit wave – Kang the Conqueror
- This is Kang as he is most commonly seen in. Like all classic costumes, it has been drawn differently by different artist, like giving him a cape.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Kang, among any villains the Avengers battled, is on character you have to have for your Avengers Rogue Gallery. He is either tied or greater then Ultron in terms of the Avengers greatest villains. If you have no interest in the Avengers, then he is needed for Fantastic Four (being a possible relative to Reed or Doom), Spider-man or many other teams and individuals.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Kang (Multiverse)
Universe: Other Earth Universe | Prime Universe (Earth-616)