- Real Name: Arnold Samuel Donovan
- AKA: “Lefty” Donovan
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Formerly Long Island, New York.
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: –
- Occupation: Criminal
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Weight: –
- Eyes: –
- Hair: Black
- Origin: Human enhanced via the Goblin Serum
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
So, the first Hobgoblin that Spidey fought was this guy?! Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #244 (1983) by Roger Stern and John Romita Jr, Roderick Kingsley hired Arnold Donovan to test the Goblin formula that Kingsley recreated using Osborn’s notes. Kingsley would brainwash Donovan then and sent him to battle Spider-man. Kingsley would watch the fight, monitoring Donovan’s vital. When Donovan was about to be defeated and unmasked, Roderick controlled the glider to crash killing Donovan.
Since Roderick used Donovan to test this Hobgoblin formula and equipment, Donovan would wear the exact same suit as Roderick. Thus, you can use any classic Hobgoblin can be used for him.
The “First” Hobgoblin
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Space Venom wave – Hobgoblin
- Because Donovan wore the costumed designed by Roderick, he would wear it for his one time fighting Spider-man.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to recreate the scene in which he fought Spidey, you can use this as Donovan. Otherwise just use it as Roderick.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Goblins | Hobgoblins
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)