- Real Name: Harold Theopolis “Harry” Lyman (legally changed from Harold Theopolis Osborn, but still goes by Harry Osborn)
- AKA: Green Goblin,New Goblin, American Son, Harry Lyman, Cornrow
- Family: Alton Osborn, Sr. (paternal ancestor, deceased); Alton Osborn, Jr. (paternal great-grandfather, deceased); Amberson Osborn (paternal grandfather, deceased); Norman Osborn (father, estranged); Emily Lyman-Osborn (mother); Mark Raxton (ex-step-brother-in-law); Gabriel Stacy (half-brother); Sarah Stacy (half-sister); Liz Allan-Osborn (ex-wife); Lily Hollister (ex-fiancée); Normie Osborn (son); Stanley Osborn (son)
- Base of Operation: Formerly Parker Industries, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Seattle, Washington.
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Alchemax’s Head of Acquisitions; former Parker Industries’ C.O.O., Owner of the Coffee Bean cafe, owner and president of Osborn Industries, fugitive
- Education: College degree
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.11 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human mutated by the Goblin Formula
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Norman really messed him up, didn’t he? Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #31 (1965) by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, Harry Osborn is the son of Norman Osborn and his wife, who fake her death to escape her husband. Harry would grow up constantly seeking his father’s approval and would work hard to get it. He enrolled in Empire State University and became friends with Flash Thompson. While he initially didn’t like Peter’s distant behavior, he found out that this was because he was worried about his aunt’s health. The two would become close and Harry would eventually invite him to become his roommate. However, Peter would keep his Spider-man identity and that of Harry’s father villainous identity of Green Goblin, a secret from Harry.
He would eventually begin dating Mary-Jane but would eventually become addicted to drugs. The stress of this and other factors cause Norman to remember his time as the Green Goblin and would eventually lead to him killing Gwen Stacy and his death in the resulting battle with Spider-man. Harry found the body of Green Goblin and discovered the truth about his father. He would swear revenge against Spider-man and using his father’s notes, learnt Spider-man was Peter. He would become the second Green Goblin and attacked Mary Jane, Aunt May and Flash. He was defeated and taken to a mental institute for help. After fighting Bart Hamilton as Green Goblin, he would marry Liz Allen and had a son named Normie.
He would return to being the Goblin during the Inferno event and would attack Spider-man. In order to help his friend, Spider-man allowed his friend to strike the killing blow on him, but Harry couldn’t go through with it. He escaped and used his father’s notes to create an improved Green Goblin formula. However, this drove him insane and he would attack Spider-man and his family. Trapping Peter in a building and rigging it with an explosion, he realized his mistake and went to rescue his father. However, the formula he used poisoned him, and he died in his friend’s arms. However, he had created a number of failsafe in the form of AI that would torment Spider-man, like when he created two androids to resemble his parents, cloning Norman, and Gwen to create children clones or protecting his son from his own father. Another of these was a clone of himself that would be made to believe he was the real Harry. Harry’s soul, however, was sent to hell, but he was later freed with the help of Dr. Strange.
Since Harry wore the exact same costume as his father when he was the Green Goblin, any classic version of the Goblin can be used as Harry as well.
The Second Green Goblin
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Retro wave 1 – Green Goblin
- After finding out that his father was Green Goblin, Harry blamed Spider-man for his death and decided to take up his father legacy as the second Green Goblin. He would wear nearly the exact same costume as his father.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- Whether you use this as Norman or Harry, you will need this figure in your Spider-man’s rogues gallery as it is considered Spider-man arch-villains.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Goblins | Green Goblins | Harry Osborn (Mutliverse)
Family: Osborn Family
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)