- Real Name: Gamora Zen Whoberi Ben Titan
- AKA: Bambi Long, Gammy, Green Assassin Lady, Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy, Nova, Requiem, Rocket Raccoon
- Family: Unnamed father (deceased); Unnamed mother (deceased); Unnamed brother (deceased); Thanos (foster father, deceased); Thane (foster brother); Starfox (foster uncle, deceased); Unnamed former Symbiote
- Base of Operation: Mobile; formerly Milano; C.I.T.T.; Knowhere; Sanctuary II; Soulworld; Godthab Omega, Monster Island
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Zen-Whoberis
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Assassin, mercenary, adventurer
- Education: Private instruction by Thanos, study of multiple combat techniques
- Gender: Female
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.11 kg)
- Eyes: Yellow (formerly Green)
- Hair: Black
- Origin: Biologically enhanced Zen-Whoberi
- Universe: Originally from Church of Universal Truth Universe (Earth-7528) but grew up and resides in the Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She has 3 versions of her origins. Introduced in Strange Tales #180 (1975) by Jim Starlin, while who or what destroyed her home plan is constantly changing (the Magus, Badoon or Thanos’ death squad), it all ends with her being brought to the 616 universe and been raised by Thanos to become a weapon to use against the Magus. She would gain a reputation as a deadly assassin earning the name “the Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy”. She was eventually sent to kill Adam Warlock, who was a past version of the Magus but would eventually turn against her father and fall in love with Adam Warlock. She would eventually be killed but was revived when Adam Warlock found a piece of her soul in the Soul Gem. She would work with other heroes to stop her father in the Infinity Gauntlet saga and would join the Infinity Watch as the keeper of the Time Stone. She would remain with the Watch for a while until they broke up, only showing up occasionally like when she challenged the Champion for the Power Stone.
Like many cosmic heroes, we would return to the spotlight in the Annihilation saga, where she would join the resistance and became the lover of Nova (Rider). She would later become involved with Ultron’s Phalanx and afterward would join the new Guardians of the Galaxy team. She would remain with the team, becoming one of its five main members. Skipping a bit, she would eventually learn that part of her soul was left behind in the Soul Gem. This caused her to have a breakdown, feeling she wasn’t a whole person. She would disguise herself as Requiem, killing Thanos and search for the Infinity Stones. Adam Warlock along with a new team of Infinity Watch would try and stop her but she eventually succeeded in getting the stones and used their powers to fold the universe, causing the creation of the Infinity Warp universe. After the universe was returned to normal, she was hunted down by people who believed she was a danger to the universe, but she was eventually rescued and would rejoin the GOTG in their effort to stop the reborn Olympians.
Gamora was never a big character until her role in the first GOTG movie. Sure, many comic fans had heard of her, but few people were asking for a figure of her over other characters. She would receive a figure of her as part of an Entertainment Earth GOTG box set.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Entertainment Earth Exclusive Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Box set – Gamora with Drax, Starlord, Rocket Raccoon and Groot
- While many cosmic character, Gamora had fallen into obscurity over the years. However, when Marvel revitalised their cosmic side of the comic, she returned with a new look. This would become her default look for many years until she gained the armored version.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- You will need this figure if you want to complete the comic version of the GOTG where she is considered one of the main members (mostly due to the MCU movies). It will also be needed for an Infinity Watch or just plain cosmic side of the comics. Unfortunately, it was part of a very limited EE exclusive box set so trying to find it now may be hard.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes, if only to get another chance for people to get her.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.