- Real Name: Galan
- AKA: Galen, Ashta, Devourer of Worlds, Destroyer of Worlds, The Great Destroyer, The Monster of all Worlds,The Hunger That Does Not Cease, god of oblivion, Gah Lak Tus,herald of Franklin Richards, World-Eater/Planet-Killer, presumably Violet Devourer (to the Voldi), Lifebringer, Buckethead, Bob’s Big Boy
- Family: Aala (wife, deceased); unborn child (deceased); Sentience of the Multiverse (Galactus’ “creator”); Black Winter (former master); Eternity (“brother”); Gali (daughter); Tyrant (creation, “son”, deceased);
- Base of Operation: Worldship (aka Taa II); though he is generally mobile throughout the universe via his spherical starship in search of suitable planets to consume.
- Identity: No Dual Identity (Mortal identity unknown to public)
- Citizenship: Taa-an, (as Galan)
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Planet Devourer, Balance between Eternity and Death, Nullifier of Abraxas’ Influence on the Multiverse; former Lifebringer.
- Education: Billions years of cosmic experience
- Gender: Male
- Height: 28′ 9″ (8.76 m) (variable)
- Weight: 36000 lbs (16.33 ton) (variable)
- Eyes: Brown (originally); Currently unknown
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: Yellow, square-shaped pupils, formerly right arm missing
- Origin: Taa-an; Survivor of the previous universe, gestated as Galactus within the Cosmic Egg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
There’s having an appetite and then there’s Galactus. Introduced in Fantastic Four #48 (1966) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Galactus was a normal being from the previous universe. He discovered that his universe was going to be destroyed and decided to fly into the event horizon to stop it. However, he became trapped in it and his universe was destroyed. He remained in the event horizon and absorbed it’s energies. When the Big Bang happened and the current Marvel Universe was born, he emerged as Galactus. Because of his unusual origins, he gained an insatiable hunger for certain energies from planets and went about feeding on these energies, destroying many planets. He became known as the Devourer of Worlds. Galactus, and indeed many people, don’t believe he is evil but instead a force of nature.
He would eventually began turning mortals into his Heralds, to find suitable planets. He began with a being that would become known as the Fallen One but his greatest and longest serving Herald was Norrid Radd, a mortal man who began serving Galactus in exchange for Galactus to spare his home planet of Zenn-La. As the Silver Surfer, Norrin eventually found Earth and summoned his master. Galactus arrive to devourer the planet but was turned away by the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer. While he promised he wouldn’t target Earth anymore, he would return several times.
As a major cosmic being, equal to that of Infinity and Death, Galactus has become involved in most major event in the Marvel universe, including the Infinity Gauntlet and the Annihilation event, fighting with and against many heroes. He would eventually be turned into the Lifebringer by the Ultimates but the events of Eternity Wars, saw him return to being the World Devourer. When the Black Winter, the being that destroyed his universe, return, Galactus turned Thor into his Herald but Galactus would die fighting Thor and Black Winter.
As probably one of the most famous and most powerful villains in the Marvel Universe, Galactus has had many figures over the years. He would make history and in many way revolutionise the toy industry by becoming the very first Build A Figure in the ninth series of Toybiz’s Marvel Legends. While he hasn’t received another Marvel Legends (yet), Hasbro did make a new version as part of their 3 3/4 inch Marvel Universe line.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Universe Masterworks – Galactus (with a 3 3/4inch Silver Surfer) OR Haslab Galactus with Nova, Silver Surfer and Morg
- Galactus actually doesn’t have a true form. He appears like this because this is how we perceive him, as a Humanoid being. He actually appears differently to different species but we as human readers see him as this. This is “classic” version that has been drawn differently over the years, being a more simple design or and over complicated design.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Galactus is a character you will need for most collections but out of all them, he is 100% needed for a F4 collection or a Cosmic collections. He can be gotten for everything else as well but those are the 2 prominent franchise that he is most famous for. While you could get the BAF version, I recommend the Marvel Universe as it is much larger and has a much better look (IMO). If you missed the opportunity to back the Haslab project and you really some want it, be prepare to pay up to and including 850.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.