- Real Name: Eugene Paul Patilio
- AKA: Eugene Colorito, Gene Patilio, Leap-Frog, Leap Frog, “Kermit”, “Hoppity Hooper”, the Fabulous Frog-Man
- Family: Vincent Patilio (father); Rosie Patilio (mother, deceased); Marie Patilio (aunt); Gus Colorito (uncle, deceased)
- Base of Operation: –
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, licensed super-hero
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m) ; 6’0″ (in costume)
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.91 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Red
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He once fought with Toad to become Spider-man’s sidekick. Introduced in Marvel Team-Up #121 (1982) by J.M. DeMatteis and Kerry Gammill, Eugene is the son of the original Leap Frog, a frog themed villain who fought Daredevil. He was defeated and sent to prison. After Eugene’s mother died from cancer while he was in High School, Eugene began working to support himself and his father. He found his father’s Leap Frog costume and began wearing it. He knew his father was haunted by his past exploits, so Eugene decided to help him by becoming the newest Leap-Frog as a hero instead. While aiding Spider-man and Human Torch, he accidently defeated Speed Demon and introduced himself as Frog-Man.
While his father was proud of his son for stopping Speed Demon, he disapproved of him staying on as a hero. However, Frog Man continued to try and help people. He would assist Captain America and would be welcomed into the Defenders. He would fight with Toad in order to become Spidey’s sidekick but Spidey encouraged the 2 to team up with Spider-Kid (now Steel Spider) to become the Misfits, but they soon broke up. He would team up with Spider-man again to fight White Rabbit, with his father donning the Leap Frog costume to help him.
He would be captured alongside many animal themed characters and hunted down by Alyosha Kravenoff, Kraven’s son. He was rescued by the Punisher. It was believed that he joined the Initiative during Civil War and join the Action Pack, but this turned out to be a Skrull imposter. He was rescued and joined a help group for dealing with victim of the Skrull invasions. He later responded to a call from the Avengers to help with Spider-Island. He would join Carol Danver’s squad and helped defeat Flag-Smasher and U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M..
Frog-Man is not something that many people were asking for. He may have gotten a boost due to Hasbro making White Rabbit, due to his most famous Marvel Team-Up storyline. He would receive a figure in the ‘Into the Spider-verse’ Stilt Man wave, in which he became the breakout figure of the wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse Stilt Man wave – Frog man
- Frog-man inherited his costume from his father. However, his father his much bulkier then his son and Eugene is a bit more chubby. The suit allows the wearer to leap great distances with the springs on his feet.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one of those characters that is only for hardcore collectors. It is needed to a Spider-man allies collectors, especially if you want to recreate the Marvel Team-up issue that White Rabbit first appeared. I should mention, while you can use it for your Daredevil enemy collection, that was not this version.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)