- Real Name: Tandy Bowen
- AKA: Lady Light, Cloak
- Family: Nathan Tyler (Lord of Light) (father); Melissa Carlisle (mother); Phillip Carlisle (stepfather); Michael Bowen (uncle, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Hong Kong, China; formerly Holy Ghost Church, 42nd Street, New York; formerly Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Vigilante, formerly government agent
- Education: College
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 5″ (1.65 m)
- Weight: 115 lbs (52.16 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Unusual Feature: White crescent circle around her right eye
- Origin: Human mutate; Cloak and Dagger’s powers manifested due to an experimental drug and the machinations of D’Spayre.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Where there is darkness, there must be Light. Introduced in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #64 (1982) by Bill Mantlo and Ed Hannigan, Dagger is the Light side of the duo of Cloak and Dagger. Tandy was the daughter of a celebrity, whose father left them and her mother remarried. Tandy never took to her step-father and her mother neglected her which made her feel unloved causing her to runaway to New York. There she was rescued by Tyrone Johnson (later Cloak) from a purse snatcher. The two became close but were kidnapped by drug lords and forced to become test subjects for their new drugs. The drug activated latent powers (it’s still debated if they were mutants in origin or not) in both and they escaped and became the vigilante Cloak and Dagger.
The two went on a merciless vendetta against drug lords bringing them into the attention of Spider-man, who tried to stare them into the right path. They would later team up with other young heroes like the Power Pack, New Mutants and the Runaways. They would pop up in other series like Spider-man and Daredevil, even becoming part of the Marvel Knights team. During the Civil War, both of them joined with Cap’s side with Cloak being used mostly as a mode of transport for the entire team. During the Dark Reign, they were made part of Norman Osborn’s Dark X-men but when Emma Frost and Namor betrayed that team, they were offered a place in the X-men. During the Spider Island arc, they were reunited with Mister Negative, another escapee from the drug lords that gave them their power. However, he used his reversal powers to make them loyal to him and at the same time reverse their power sets, with Cloak getting the light powers and Dagger getting the darkness powers. Thankfully, during an adventure in China, they were cure and turn “normal” with the help of Spider-man. They remained in China to track down and defeat Mister Negative.
Cloak and Dagger have been 2 characters that have been requested as a 2-pack ever since the 2-packs were introduced into the Marvel Legends line. Most people had to use the Marvel Select version but they were too big for their display. While it may be because of the TV series, Hasbro has finally granted us them in the SP//DR wave. Not a 2-pack but thankfully in the same wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man SP//DR wave – Cloak and Dagger
- Dagger’s costume as she mostly appears in. It has been designed differently over the year with the dagger symbol on her chest section being smaller or sometimes larger.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Both long awaited and long request character, these are a must for most collection. It is highly needed for your Spider-man collection as well as Marvel Knights, Daredevil, Street Level, Avengers (well civil war team) and X-men.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)