- Real Name: Ch’od
- AKA: –
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: The starship Starjammer
- Identity: No Dual
- Citizenship: Shi’ar Empire
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Space pirate, freedom fighter, adventurer; former mercenary, scientist-philosopher
- Education: ?
- Gender: Male
- Height: 9′ (2.74 m)
- Weight: 430 lbs (195.04 kg)
- Eyes: Black
- Hair: No Hair At All
- Unusual Feature: Humanoid reptilian massive form, scaly, green skin
- Origin: Saurid
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
It would awkward if this and Emil Blonsky ever met. Introduced in X-Men #104 (1977) by Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum, the gentle giant Ch’Od was a slave in one of the Shi’Ar’s mining camp when he met Christopher Summers, Raza and Hepzibah. Together they led a rebellion and escaped on the starship, the Starjammer. They would form a space pirate group, taking their name from the ship. They worked to try and bring down the mad emperor D’Ken working with both Lilandra and the X-men to dethrone the tyrant. They are responsible for allowing Lilandra to take the throne after her brother death.
Ch’Od would be a constant member of the Starjammers, helping the likes of Professor X gain a new body following his infection by the Brood. The X-men weren’t the only Earth heroes that worked with the group as they also gained the trust of the Avengers. Ch’Od would remain in the group following the death of Corsair at the hand of Vulcan, Corsair’s own son. He would come under the leadership of Havok, Corsair’s second son and older brother of Vulcan. He would help the team stop Vulcan and the Shi’Ar’s war with the Kree, who were being ruled by the Inhumans. This war saw as well as Lilandra. Ch’Od would remain with the Starjammers afterwards.
As one of the four main members of the Starjammers, Ch’Od has been requested of fans for years. This was particularly easy for both Hasbro and Toybiz to do as, like how they did with the 5inch lines, he could have been a straight repaint of Abomination. He would receive a figure with Cr’reee as a BAF as part of the 2023 X-men wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men’s Ch’Od wave – Ch’Od (BAF)
- The race that Ch’Od comes from are a race of large amphibious reptilians’ humanoids. Despite his large and brute like appearance, Ch’Od is quite a friendly and gentle person.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you are getting Corsair and are building the Starjammers, you will need this figure and his pet for that team. Ch’od is a mainstay of the team and is absolutely needed for that team. You may also want to get him for a Cosmic shelf.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)