- Real Name: Sir Percival of Scandia
- AKA: Sir Percy of Scandia, Gwynn, Hand of Fate, Sir Black Knight
- Family: Lady Evaine (mother); Sir Dandel (father); Lady Rosamund (wife; deceased); Edward, Geoffrey (sons; deceased); Mordred (distant cousin); King Arthur Pendragon (distant cousin; deceased); Morgan le Fay (distant cousin); Sir Raston (nephew, immediate successor to Sir Percy; deceased); Sir William (descendant; deceased); Sir Henry (descendant; deceased); Eobar Garrington (descendant; deceased); Nathan Garrett (descendant; deceased); Dane Whitman (descendant); Dafydd ap Iowerth (descendant)
- Base of Operation: Camelot, England; formerly Scandia (c. 6th Century A.D.)
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: British
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Knight of the Round Table of King Arthur Pendragon, spirit of spring
- Education: Unrevealed, but extensive for his original time
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Weight: 180 lbs (81.65 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Being King Arthur’s cousin isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Introduced in Black Knight #1 (1955) by Stan Lee and Joe Maneely, Percy was an agents of Merlin, who pretended to be a villain as Black Knight but was really working to protect Camelot. He eventually said Arthur’s life and was knighted. Merlin eventually gave him the Ebony Blade, the sword that was the polar opposite of Excalibur. This blade would drive the wielder insane and bloodthirsty. Percy eventual was killed by Mordred during the fall of Camelot. His Spirit would go on to choose is successor to wield the Ebony blade in order to keep it from falling into the wrong hand and being used for evil. Despite rejecting Nathan Garrett, the villainous Black Knight who used to fight Iron Man and the Avengers, he eventually choose Dane Whitman as his true successor.
I don’t think anyone was thinking we would ever get a Sir Percy figure. He is a character that predate the Marvel Universe (back when the company was going by Altas Comics) but isn’t someone with alot of history. It’s just a nice fun addition for people’s collection.
Camelot’s Black Knight
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers: Infinity War Cull Odsidian Wave Black Knight (Swappable Head)
- While they seems different, Black Knight’s armor is similar to the Dane Whitman’s armor.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are getting the Black Knight figure for Dane Whitman, you get this as a swappable head. If you have the Black Knight from the Brood Queen wave and want a new character, then you could use it for this. However, I recommend getting 2 of the Black Dwarf wave one as they are a much superior figure and you get 2 different characters.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Black Knights
Family: Whitman Family
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)