- Real Name: Georges Batroc
- AKA: The Leaper, Monsieur Lapin
- Family: Jean-Luc Batroc (possible ancestor); Olivier Batroc (grandfather); Marie Batroc (daughter, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Marseilles, France
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: French
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Mercenary, Adventurer
- Education: Lycee graduate
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 225 lbs (102.06 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Depending on the writer, he is either one of the world’s greatest fighters or a stereotypical mustache twirling French villain. Introduced in Tales of Suspense #75 (1965) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, George Batroc was part of the French Foreign Legion and a master of savate, a French martial art. After his service, he sold his services as a mercenary. He first came into conflict with Captain America when he was hired by THEM. This began a lifelong rivalry between the two. However, Batroc is a man of honor, so when he was hired by Hydra to kidnap Sharon Carter and they decided to kill him alongside Cap, he teamed up with Cap to defeat Hydra.
He would also work with a few other Mercs, usually going under the moniker of Batroc’s Brigade. They would fight and team up with Cap a few times. He would also fight Iron Fist and later Spider-man, before joining villainous version of the Defenders. He would later team up with Mr. Hyde but when Hyde threatened thousands of people, he switched sides and helped Cap defeat Hyde. He would later reform his brigade to steal Cap’s shield before being hired to fight Hawkeye. Baron Zemo later hired him to track down fragments of Bloodstone. When Kingpin tried to get a foothold in Europe, he was hired and clashed with Punisher (and actually beat the vigilante).
When the DC universe clashed with the Marvel Universe, Batroc fought and nearly defeated Batman. (Yes, that Batman!). Klaw for the US later hired him to invade Wakanda but was defeated by Black Panther. After fighting the Thunderbolts, Batroc would travel to London to convince his friends Zaran and Machete into leaving RAID due to the civilian casualties they were causing. He would later clash with Bucky, now as Cap, when he tried to steal from the United Nations. He would later battle Deadpool, who broke his leg. This made Batroc swearing revenge and would battle Deadpool again, with DP threatening that if he ever saw Batroc again, he would kill him. He would battle Falcon, now Cap and was nearly killed by Nomad, Ian Roger. He would later join MODOK’s mercenary group and found out that Gwenpool may not have powers. He decided to train her instead.
Batroc is a fan favorite (yet hugely misunderstood) Captain America villain. He was requested by Cap fans for many years. He was supposed to be part of the original Jubilee wave, but that wave was cancelled with many of the figures being slotted into other waves. He would be released as part of the Age of Ultron Thanos wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Avengers: Age of Ultron Thanos wave – Batroc
- This is Batroc in his classic costume to which all other costumes are based off. Like all classic designs. Different artists have differently drawn it. Given his moustache and heavy French accent, people often think he is a joke character. However, Batroc is one of the Marvel universe’s best and deadliest fighters and has Cap respect.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Cap fan you will need this figure as he is one of Cap’s most frequent foes. It can also be used for a Spider-man, Iron Fist, Deadpool, Avengers and Punishers rogue gallery.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)